PDA

View Full Version : Little hook tool for carving lion's head

george wilson
03-30-2009, 8:08 PM
This is a quick and dirty little hook tool I made for carving down into the lion's mouth. It is just made of spring steel,from the assortments of flat spring you can buy in tubes from Brownell's Gunsmithing.

These photos are terrible of the lion.The lion looks much better life size. Highly magnified it starts looking rough.

Jameel Abraham
03-30-2009, 8:50 PM
I just commented on the detail in the mouth over in your other thread George. And look what I found just below it. All I can say is, you're giving everyone here some serious pleasure George.

Raney Nelson
03-31-2009, 9:21 AM
George,

I've been stopping in here at least once a day to have my jaw dropped, and have my sense of the possibilities of woodworking recalibrated . You have posted here the finest body of work from a single person I can ever recall seeing. Somehow I suspect it's a mere drop in the bucket, but such a drop it is! I don't know how to give higher praise than that.
Thank you.

george wilson
03-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Raney,and Jameel,that is high praise indeed.This is only the work I can manage to publish.The great bulk is in slides,and I haven't found my best ones yet. I used to give lectures,and took slides for many years. I am not a great photographer,either,so do not know how decent the pictures will be when I get them scanned. most were taken with 400 speed film,and may be grainy. We'll have to find out. I am still unpacking things here,as we renovate my future "office."