PDA

View Full Version : Neander laser

Marc Casebolt
03-31-2009, 6:01 PM
Last night I looked at a catalog from Garret Wade. I don't think I've ever bought anything from them, but they keep sending me the catalog.

Anyway, I about laughed my butt off when I saw a hand saw with a laser guide on it. Maybe you folks already have seen this, but this is a first for me. Perhaps it's an April Fools joke. Maybe it's a great idea, and I just don't get it.

How many of you have one of these?

Marc

george wilson
03-31-2009, 6:25 PM
Another worthless invention we really don't need. Why not a telescopic sight?

Billy Chambless
03-31-2009, 6:57 PM
Perhaps it's an April Fools joke. Maybe it's a great idea, and I just don't get it.

About half of the new tools introduced these days look like April Fool's jokes to me.

:(

Marc Casebolt
03-31-2009, 7:23 PM
If I was smarter then I is I bet i cood inventify sumthin jus as good as that thang.

Billy is right, lots of new and improved stuff looks like junk. But could we do better?? How about some inventions of our own to reap the rewards of a gullible bunch of dunderheads who buy this stuff.

I'm working on a combination microwave oven and GPS. You want to know where you are when you are popping corn right?

Lasers are always helpful where ever you put them. How about on a chisel? screw driver? Qtip?

Ideas???

Marc

george wilson
03-31-2009, 7:48 PM
Garrett Wade is,has been getting too yuppie for quite some time. The more I think about it,the more irritated I am over this stupid invention.I suppose some think that buying this saw will make them a great craftsman all of a sudden? I don't even use the lazer light on my chop saw. It isn't accurate enough to suit me.And,all I do with the chop saw is make shelving for the shop.

Dave Anderson NH
03-31-2009, 9:07 PM
Hey folks lasers in the Neanderthal shop are an absolute necessity and and are important to the quality and ambiance of the woodworking experince. No, this is not a joke, I am 100% serious.

What do you think reads the DVD in your boom box or stereo system.:D

Justin Green
03-31-2009, 9:11 PM
Garrett Wade is,has been getting too yuppie for quite some time. The more I think about it,the more irritated I am over this stupid invention.I suppose some think that buying this saw will make them a great craftsman all of a sudden? I don't even use the lazer light on my chop saw. It isn't accurate enough to suit me.And,all I do with the chop saw is make shelving for the shop.

I thought the laser light on the last jigsaw I bought would be a handy feature. Not so. It hides my line and the blade doesn't necessarily follow the laser, especially in thicker stock.

So much for technology. Laser's probably much more beneficial with straight lines, and even then, it's only as good as it's tuned.

Justin Green
03-31-2009, 9:13 PM
Dave,

No lasers in my garage stereo! It's straight 8 track! Inherited from mom and dad, along with a fine selection of artists:

Chuck Berry
Con Hunlee
Barry White
Beach Boys (this 8 track's starting to run just a bit)
Elvis...

Marc Casebolt
03-31-2009, 9:59 PM
I want a laser on my eye glasses, so I will always know right where I'm looking. Ends the guess work.

Marc

Luke Townsley
03-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Last night I looked at a catalog from Garret Wade. I don't think I've ever bought anything from them, but they keep sending me the catalog.

Anyway, I about laughed my butt off when I saw a hand saw with a laser guide on it. Maybe you folks already have seen this, but this is a first for me. Perhaps it's an April Fools joke. Maybe it's a great idea, and I just don't get it.

How many of you have one of these?

Marc

Thanks for the tip, Marc.
One Garrett Wade deleted from the web directory on my website.
They don't belong anymore.

Randal Stevenson
04-01-2009, 12:00 AM
I want a laser on my eye glasses, so I will always know right where I'm looking. Ends the guess work.

Marc

Don't give your wife the proof!

HF (which sells some of the same stuff, see Odd Jobs #1), has sissors that have a laser on them.

I want to buy them, and stick them in a package with Braile writting.:rolleyes: