PDA

View Full Version : Proud New Owner-Brese Plane

Don Orr
04-02-2009, 10:15 AM
I had the distinct pleasure of meeting our own Ron Brese and his son at the NWA Woodworking Showcase this past weekend and got to try some of his planes. While they look extremely nice here in photos, they are absolutely AMAZING in person. We were able to not only handle them but try them as well. These tools are so well balanced and tuned and sharp that they just glide through the wood.

So now I am the proud owner of...

...some photos of me using one of Ron's beautiful planes:D

Ken Werner
04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Don, I want you to know that you are way ahead of me. I only got to try that wonderful plane, and alas....have no photos of myself with said plane.

Jameel Abraham
04-02-2009, 10:59 PM
What a gorgeous plane! ;)

Johnny Kleso
04-03-2009, 1:34 AM
Very Nice...

Jim Becker
04-03-2009, 9:24 PM
Exactly why I would be very scared to "try" one out....oy! (Beautiful plane!)

Ron Brese
04-03-2009, 10:36 PM
There's a good reason why Jameel thinks this is a beautiful plane. It's his plane! LOL

I didn't have time to complete one of this style for the show so Jameel graciously loaned me his to exhibit at the show.

There are two of the 875Ws in progress on my bench at this time, one will be rosewood and one will be ebony, and there are also two 875-250s in progress on my bench as well, both of those will be rosewood and all of these will get the MOP inlay.

I had none for the show and in a couple of weeks I'll have four, at least till they're shipped. For those that want a closer look I've added some pics.

Ron Brese

Brian Kent
04-03-2009, 10:44 PM
The detail and accuracy of your work is a real joy!