PDA

View Full Version : Surprise in my shop.....

Larry Edgerton
04-14-2009, 10:30 PM
I came in my shop today and there was a Bailey #8 fluted sole on my bench, sharp as heck, in perfect shape, no note, no nothing, just a plane in the middle of my bench.

I called all of my friends that have a key to my shop and it wasn't any of them.

Plane fairy? Has me spooked, can't stop wondering how it got there.

Tom Henry
04-14-2009, 10:32 PM
That is freaky!!! :eek:

Leigh Betsch
04-14-2009, 11:01 PM
OK it was me. ;) Just kidding.

Bruce Page
04-14-2009, 11:05 PM
That's where I left it!

Would you please send it back?

:D

John Keeton
04-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Larry, no pic - must have been a figment of your imagination!!

jerry nazard
04-15-2009, 12:20 AM
No, John. A pigment of his imagination.... <gr>

John Schreiber
04-15-2009, 12:36 AM
The slide down from the North Pole was hard for it and it needed to rest. I'm sure it will make it the rest of the way down my way soon.

Ben Davis
04-15-2009, 12:01 PM
I came in my shop today and there was a Bailey #8 fluted sole on my bench, sharp as heck, in perfect shape, no note, no nothing, just a plane in the middle of my bench.

I called all of my friends that have a key to my shop and it wasn't any of them.

I can't tell you how bad I both need and want one of those! I've been looking on the bay for several weeks now and can't run across one worth what they are going for. I live in a dearth of estate sales and good pawn shops.

Post some pics!

Bill Houghton
04-15-2009, 12:03 PM
When you've been hefting that critter for a few hours, you won't need to go to the gym to work on your arm strength.

Ben Davis
04-15-2009, 12:10 PM

I can't tell you how bad I both need and want one of those! I've been looking on the bay for several weeks now and can't run across one worth what they are going for. I live in a dearth of estate sales and good pawn shops.

Post some pics!

Larry Fox
04-15-2009, 12:31 PM

My vote - one of your friends is having you on.

Either way, nice score.

Jim Koepke
04-15-2009, 12:56 PM
When you've been hefting that critter for a few hours, you won't need to go to the gym to work on your arm strength.

What about the arm that is not pushing it?

One may list to one side...

jim

Jim Koepke
04-15-2009, 1:07 PM

Post some pics!

There are a couple of nice ones on the bay now. One ends in 7 hours. It is at $50 plus shipping. Looks like a type 6a. This is one that came out for a short time between type 6 and 7. It should have the newer adjuster with a left hand thread.

jim

Rusty Elam
04-15-2009, 3:12 PM
You should be very afraid!!!!!!
That thing is haunted, lucky for you I happen to be a trained plane exorcist. Box that thing up quickly and send it down here while you still can.:):):)

Ron Brese
04-15-2009, 4:46 PM
What are you going to do if you go to the shop tomorrow and it's gone!

Ron

David Gendron
04-15-2009, 5:21 PM
Ron, do you want the key to my shop... in case you have something:rolleyes: (plane) to drop there???:D

John Fricke
04-15-2009, 6:15 PM
I vote for LOML giving a present........wait til u find out what she wants in return

Larry Edgerton
04-15-2009, 8:33 PM
Here is a picture of the #8 for you skeptics. :)

And for Leigh Betch there is the 45 in the unfinished box I have yet to send your way. Just so you know I am a procrastinater, not a bull shipper.

And I am looking for another one of those scraper holders in the foreground if anyone has one I can pry out of their hands.

The second picture is just one of our other hobby, and it is not a moon rover. Moon rovers do not have 900 HP. All chrome moly and fabricated in our little shop. Doing the aluminum work now. You would cry, but I cut the aluminum with my PW66, joint it on my DJ20 with carbides and finally found a use for that useless Dewalt chop saw! :)

Larry

Brian Kent
04-15-2009, 9:01 PM
Here is a picture of the #8 for you skeptics. :)

And for Leigh Betch there is the 45 in the unfinished box I have yet to send your way. Just so you know I am a procrastinater, not a bull shipper.

And I am looking for another one of those scraper holders in the foreground if anyone has one I can pry out of their hands.

The second picture is just one of our other hobby, and it is not a moon rover. Moon rovers do not have 900 HP. All chrome moly and fabricated in our little shop. Doing the aluminum work now. You would cry, but I cut the aluminum with my PW66, joint it on my DJ20 with carbides and finally found a use for that useless Dewalt chop saw! :)

Larry

No Pics. Now we know it did'nt happen!

Larry Edgerton
04-15-2009, 9:02 PM
You guys don't know what you are asking of me to post pictures!:eek:

Bruce Page
04-15-2009, 9:23 PM
Those shocks are huge! The rotors seem small for 900hp.

John Keeton
04-15-2009, 10:06 PM
...I cut the aluminum with my PW66, joint it on my DJ20 with carbides and finally found a use for that useless Dewalt chop saw! :)LarryBoy, I bet your DC system screams at you!!

Ron Brese
04-15-2009, 10:46 PM
David said,

Ron, do you want the key to my shop... in case you have something (plane) to drop there???

David I hate to tell you this horrifying truth...."There is no such thing as the Plane Fairy."

There is however another method for having one of my offerings arrive in your shop. (grin)

Ron

Leigh Betsch
04-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Put a lid on that box, so no one else can see what is inside!

David Gendron
04-16-2009, 1:15 AM
Ron, One day, one day... In the meen time, if you ever pass by the Yukon on your way:rolleyes: to Alaska, you can stop by:)!
David

Allan Froehlich
04-16-2009, 7:59 AM
You guys don't know what you are asking of me to post pictures!:eek:

The Ultimate Shop: cars and woodworking!

Jeremy Pyatskowit
04-16-2009, 9:57 AM
OT: any major changes to the truck? I'll be looking for you on the track.
jp3photo.com

John Schreiber
04-16-2009, 11:21 AM
. . .The second picture is just one of our other hobby, and it is not a moon rover. Moon rovers do not have 900 HP. All chrome moly and fabricated in our little shop. . . .
What's that?

Baha Truck? Dune Buggy? Monster Truck? I'm not automotive literate, but it's cool look'n.

Joel Thomas Runyan
04-16-2009, 1:35 PM

Ron

What is he going to do if he wakes up tomorrow and it's on his night-stand? :eek:

The curse of the phantom jointer!!! Yeah, I'm a few months early.

Larry Edgerton
04-16-2009, 4:08 PM
OT: any major changes to the truck? I'll be looking for you on the track.
jp3photo.com

The truck is getting a totally new cooling system, so one problem should be gone, and of course it is getting a Lee Cooper motor. The cage had to be changed to give Jerry enough room, and so it needs a set of headers made to clear the larger foot box, and the footbox itself is being strengthened to avoid the foot injurys that Douglas and others have received. No money for from sponsors yet, Jerry kind of shot himself in the foot when he got that deal for Keith, but Keith is a good friend so what the heck.

Jerry and Martha went their seperate ways, so Jerry is a bit glum, the truck is what keeps him focused.

That is the first time that I had seen that photo of Greeves wreck. That is terrifying! My business has gone to the dogs so I stay home these days, and so missed that.

Do you still have pictures of the Green truck? I had one I liked of it coming over a start jump in the lead and I can't find it. All the trucks are clean so I know it was the start, but where I can not remember. I will look for you at the races and see if you have it still.

Your site is nice. I have always thought your still pictures capture the action better than video. I still have one of you guys pictures on my wall of the Truggy standing vertical on the back jump at Bark River at speed. I was co-pilot and that is an experiance I won't ever forget.

John, check out Jeremy's website.....

Derek Stevens
04-16-2009, 6:36 PM

Ronand the next part of that is... where is the shop exactly?....

John Schreiber
04-17-2009, 11:22 AM
John, check out Jeremy's website.....
Wow! Drive safely.

Clara Koss
04-17-2009, 11:39 AM
wish for something else and let me know if it SHOWS up... then i'll visit u and make my wishes there!!!! wow!!!!;)