PDA

View Full Version : Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Events

Kevin Davis
04-16-2009, 1:33 PM
I received an email that Lie-Nielsen was going to be having a hand tool event here in Colorado. I was just curious if anyone out there has been to one of these and their impressions of the event.

Thanks!

Michael Faurot
04-16-2009, 2:42 PM
I went to the one in Austin, TX a couple of months back.

As far as demonstrations go, I must have arrived too late in the day. There didn't seem to be any going on. If you are interested in them, you probably want to get there early.

I wasn't all that interested in the demonstratins anyway. What was interesting was the chance to see and handle every Lie-Nielsen tool out there.

They also had something of a sale as well. If you wanted to buy something, and it was there, you could purchase it and pay local sales tax. Or they could ship it to you for free and also pay no sales tax.

Philip Rodriquez
04-16-2009, 4:50 PM
I think I'll end up going to it... assuming we don't get too much snow :mad:. RRCC has a really nice WW program and so there will be plenty to check out.

Craig Coney
04-16-2009, 5:04 PM
Ken,
I am planning on going. Hopefully we don't get alot of snow for the event.

Ellen Benkin
04-16-2009, 5:56 PM
We had one at Cerritos College in Southern California. I think they had one of every tool they make, along with some other toolmakers from California. Even though I missed the formal demos, I could chat with LN people about their tools and try them out. It was free and an interesting way to spend an afternoon and meet others interested in fine woodworking tools.

Chris Norman
04-16-2009, 6:19 PM
I'm planning on driving down Saturday, if we don't get too much snow

Chris

Keith Domingue
04-17-2009, 10:53 AM
They were at the woodshow in Houston this month. Got to see a few demos and picked up a real nice dovetail saw.

Mark Roderick
04-17-2009, 11:14 AM
I attended a L-N event in Philadelphia. It was FANTASTIC. A small part of that was the pleasure of playing with all the tools, but they also had a bunch of demonstrations and I learned a huge amount about things I thought I already knew. I think I stayed about six hours. When my wife saw the smile on my face when I got home I'm sure she thought I had been somewhere else.

Jim Koepke
04-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Went to one in Oakland, California in 2007. Moved north of Portland, Oregon and missed the one in Oakland during 2008.

Was ordering some things by phone yesterday and they are plan to have a show in Portland Oregon area at the end of September 2009. I am keeping that time of year open.

Think I'll also start stashing away any extra cash that flows through my fingers.

jim