PDA

View Full Version : New BenchCrafted Vise

Ron Brese
04-24-2009, 7:56 AM
Hey guys check out this new Vise from BenchCrafted. I've never seen a vise that can actually hold a board with just the momentum from closing the mechanism. Pretty impressive. I've added a link to the blog post on this one. The video shows how easily this vise moves. I'm seeing one of these on my bench.

Ron

http://benchcrafted.blogspot.com/

Jim Kountz
04-24-2009, 8:09 AM
That thing looks very heavy duty!! Should serve you well!!

glenn bradley
04-24-2009, 9:36 AM
Cool blend of old style and industrial chic.

Michael Sobik
04-24-2009, 9:46 AM
Hot! Nice job Jameel!

Bruce Page
04-24-2009, 11:55 AM
I like it, I wonder what it's going to sell for.

Quality doesn't come cheap and Jameel is all about good design & quality!

David Gendron
04-24-2009, 12:12 PM
It is realy nice indeed! I wonder if Ron will have to trade a plane for a vise with Jameel:rolleyes: it would be a nice trade... Or Jameel can send me a vice and Ron a plane and we call it done deal:D!
David

Marco Cecala
04-24-2009, 3:46 PM
Great Job Jameel! We have come to expect nothing but the best from you, and this is no exception. My tail vise is performing great, now I need to build a new bench and incorporate the tail vise.

John Schreiber
04-24-2009, 4:25 PM
That is totally slick. More evidence that we live in the 2nd great age of hand tools.

John Sanford
04-25-2009, 3:33 AM
Way cool. My only concern would be the possibility of cracking the handwheel. Whacking it inadvertently with something in a workshop isn't uncommon, and cast iron is a lot more brittle than steel. (of course, this doesn't apply if the wheels are ductile cast iron.)