PDA

View Full Version : First Baseball Game!

Chris Padilla
09-01-2004, 4:59 PM
Thanks to the gracious donation of some dear friends' seats, I took the family to PacBell Park in San Francisco and my daughter got to "watch" her first baseball game!

This stadium is beautiful but, of course, not as cool as Coors Field! :D

As some of you know, I am originally from Colorado and so I got to watch the Rockies get stomped on by the Giants (9-5 win for SF).

However, even with free tickets: $20 for parking and $4.25 for a lousy 20 oz. bottle of Coke. Glad we ate before going...they are worse than a movie theater! :rolleyes:

Few pics below of my two LOMLs, some stadium pics and that last one is Barry Bonds slugging what the whole stadium thought was a home run but turned into a ground rule double due to fan interference.

:D

Tyler Howell
09-01-2004, 6:19 PM
Cool Stadium Dude! We docked our boats right outside and found some great places to eat in the area.

Yes..... Bring money!:eek:
Speaking of sports SF really got stomped by the Vikings last week!:D :D

Chris Padilla
09-01-2004, 6:57 PM
You're talking to a diehard Bronco fan here...should be another fun year in the NFL! :D

Rich Konopka
09-01-2004, 7:42 PM
Chris:

Look in the 4th picture and you will see why your 20oz coke cost $4.25. And I thought Disney was outrageous.

Waymon Campbell
09-01-2004, 8:21 PM
Chris - I bet you'll cherish that evening for a long time. :)

Chris Padilla
09-01-2004, 8:26 PM
It was fun...she spent most of the time standing on my lap and just gazing out into the field and looking all around very wide-eyed. She was sponge just soaking up everything.

Then the fans behinds us started complaining that they couldn't see. My wife then took her for a walk around the stadium. The large Coke bottle and mitt have slides and playground type stuff for kiddies. I watched the game! :D

However, when the bottom of 7th concluded, the little darling turned into a crank-o-sauras and we headed home. Still, it was a great evening.