PDA

View Full Version : My resaw fence and extension

Phil Thien
10-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Every once in a while the subject of fences for resawing comes up. I've probably posted something similar to this before, but I just got this new (to me) saw and made a new fence for it, and figured out a good way to attach the outfeed. So I thought I'd share it.

It is just a plywood angle with some braces. But instead of using clamps, I drilled two holes in the table (oh calm down!) so I could use t-bolts to adjust it (note the t-slots in the bottom of the fence). I used the Rockler bit to cut those t-slots. If you're still buying aluminum t-slot material every time you need a t-slot, do yourself a favor and get one of the Rockler bits. They save a ton of time and money. The slows are plenty strong.

Anyway, a couple of knobs from underneath can crank it down plenty tight.

I also ran the back edge about 2" over, so I can add an outfeed table (also in the pictures) for supporting longer pieces. The Rockler adjustable roller thingy has been adapted with a wood block on top. My outfeed table is not attached to this, it just rests on it. The outfeed table attaches (when needed) with a couple of flat-head socket screws and some wingnuts.

If you suffer blade drift, I'd suggest fixing the underlying problem. BUT, the t-slots and bolts allow one to angle the fence quite a bit if you just want to deal with the drift that way.

Stephen Edwards
10-08-2009, 11:34 AM
That looks really nice, Phil! Very well thought out and executed, too.

Ditto on making your own T-Slots. I've saved a ton of money by buying that Rockler bit that you mention.

Again, very nice accessory. Thanks for sharing.