PDA

View Full Version : wino display

Jeff Luedloff
11-18-2009, 6:08 PM
Made this wine display for my wife and I, wanted to display our favorite wine with some of my turnings. its made from walnut and box elder, thought i share them.

http://www.4woodturning.com/images/winerack4.jpg

http://www.4woodturning.com/images/winerack3.jpg

Bernie Weishapl
11-18-2009, 6:11 PM
Jeff that is really pretty. Really well done. Just wanted to thank you as the wife saw the pic's now guess what. I gotta make one.:eek:;):D

Richard Madison
11-18-2009, 6:50 PM
Very attractive piece Jeff.

Larry Marley
11-18-2009, 6:56 PM
very nice Jeff,
Classy

alex carey
11-18-2009, 6:59 PM
Good stuff, one of these days I will make one of those, always loved the idea.

Pat Zabrocki
11-18-2009, 7:01 PM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.... and I intend to flatter the heck out of you. That is too coooool, I have to make one of those stands.

cheers
Pat

Benjamin Dahl
11-18-2009, 7:20 PM
Jeff, that is really nice and also a great job on the photo. thanks for sharing.
Ben

Steve Schlumpf
11-18-2009, 7:35 PM
Very nice work Jeff! Clean lines, nice color combination - real classy look to it! Thanks for sharing!

gary Zimmel
11-18-2009, 7:50 PM
Very nice project Jeff.

You may of started something here...

John Beaver
11-18-2009, 8:25 PM
I really like that. Well done!

Michael Mills
11-18-2009, 8:52 PM
Very very nice. And I am thankful the title was a typo. Really didn't want to see and old wino passed out on park bench.
Mike

Steve Mawson
11-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Very nice and I see the bottle is empty. Does it have a story too?:D

Aaron Wingert
11-19-2009, 12:29 AM
Just wanted to thank you as the wife saw the pic's now guess what. I gotta make one.:eek:;):D

Bernie use that to your advantage. This is the perfect opportunity to buy a new tool completely guilt-free because you "need" it to turn this wine display. :D

Really attractive piece Jeff.

Jeff Luedloff
11-19-2009, 5:47 AM
Thank you all for your comments and taking the time to look.

Ben, I have been doing a a lot of reading on taking photos trying to get them better for my website.

Mike, that was a typo but the wino on the bench was funny.

Steve M, yes there is a story behind that bottle but not the right forum to tell it...LOL

Thank you all again.

David Reed
11-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Where can I find the bowl/glass like you have without a stem? what glue is used to make an invisible joint looking through the base?
David

Gary Simmons
11-19-2009, 5:14 PM
Jeff...very well done.... nice work. I hope to replicate something of nature in the future... thanks for the idea, hope it comes out as nice as yours... Gary

Jeff Luedloff
11-19-2009, 8:26 PM
David R, you can buy them without stems (just a nib) from Craft Supply for around $5.00 or what i did bought them form a dollar store and i cut off the stem with a glass cutter, just score a line all the way round the stem about 1/2 in down on the stem, then tap it on the score line on a edge of a brick breaks clean.

Gary S, would like to see it when you finished. I have seen them with 4 spindles and 4 glass but it seemed to busy to me and your wine sat down on the in side where you can't see the wine. I have friends you have very expensive wine and they display them proudly. that's why I put wine out front and 2 glasses, bottle stopper in back.