PDA

View Full Version : Update On the Twins

Dick Parr
10-18-2004, 8:14 AM
Well there is good news and bad news. The first twin that went in with the meningitis and that had the blood on the brain from the seizure is home and doing pretty good. :D She still has stiff arms and legs but my wife says she is getting better. Between my wife and the therapist she is starting to loosen up. :)

The second little one that went in for meningitis is still in the hospital and was expected to come home this Thursday, but now she has a blood clot in her leg. :( They are trying the thinners out first to see if it will remove the clot. So she might not come on Thursday now. :(

Thanks again for all the prayers from everyone.

Keith Starosta
10-18-2004, 8:39 AM
Dick, continued thoughts and prayers are coming from my family to yours. It's such a helpless feeling when little ones get sick. I hope they are both home soon!!!

Keith

Tyler Howell
10-18-2004, 8:43 AM
Prayers going up Dick. I asked my sister to put you and all the good SMC folks on her list. She is in a religious order and I tell you these ladies have connections in high places:o

John Miliunas
10-18-2004, 8:50 AM
Dick, thanks for the update. As for the prayers, I haven't stopped!

Don Abele
10-18-2004, 9:18 AM
Dick, you and your family (and especially both of those little ones) will be in our prayers. Hopefully they will both be reunited safe and sound at home.

Be well,

Doc

Wes Bischel
10-18-2004, 10:51 AM
Dick,

The twins are still in our prayers. We're hoping your family will be together soon. Thanks for the update.

Wes

Ted Shrader
10-18-2004, 11:00 AM
Dick -

Tell everyone we are still praying. It has worked so far and will see everyone through and back home!

Ted

Jerry Olexa
10-18-2004, 11:10 AM
We will continue to pray for you and the twins! God bless all of you...

Dick Parr
10-18-2004, 4:28 PM
Thank you everyone for your prayers.

Here is a picture of the girls before they went in for the meningitis. Shannon on the left and Morgan on the right. Morgan is the one with the blood clot in her leg. Morgan will be on blood thinners until Friday.

Good news is that they are starting to gain weight, so that should help and all the tests are showing no damages to their hearing and no brain damage.

So your prayers are appreciated.

Thank you.

Don Abele
10-18-2004, 6:04 PM
Dick, they are beautiful little girls. God bless both of them and your family. And again, a speedy recovery and joyful reunion with her sister.

Be well,

Doc

Joe Mioux
10-18-2004, 6:12 PM
Dick:

My best wishes for a quick recovery for those two little angels.

Joe

Charles McKinley
10-18-2004, 7:49 PM
Hi Dick,

Thank you for the update. We will continue praying for a complete recovery. Thanks for the pics as well.

John Miliunas
10-18-2004, 9:11 PM
Hey Dick, how about some gallon-sized prayers for a couple pint-sized recipients? :) I have faith that you'll be posting pics of their positive progress in no time flat!

Joe Breid
10-18-2004, 9:13 PM
Dick,

Thanks for the update and the pictures. I will keep them in my prayers.

Joe

Dick Parr
10-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Thanks John, Joe and everyone else. I am passing everyones comments on to the kids.

Thanks

Ken Fitzgerald
10-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Hey Grandpa.....you and yours are in our thoughts and prayers! Those are two darling little ones! Hang in there!

Roger Fitzsimonds
10-19-2004, 3:05 PM
Thanks for the update, We are still praying for them and your family.

Roger

Chris Padilla
10-19-2004, 3:39 PM
Whoo-hoo! Awesome news, Dick! I just can't imagine...I break down picturing my little girl in that situation....

Dan Gill
10-19-2004, 4:45 PM
Dick, thank you for the update. I'll continue to pray for them. And you! It's harder to see your kids hurt than it is to hurt yourself.

Michael Stafford
10-25-2004, 5:53 PM
Dick, I was so pleased to read in that other post that the girls are at home and much better. They may be still taking medication but before long they'll be squealing like little girls love to do... and that will be music to your ears won't it Grandpa?

Dick Parr
10-25-2004, 8:45 PM
Ya Mike Thanks. I just talked to the wife and they are making a racket in the back ground. :D But that's always good to her. Mickey can't wait to get home and get some rest, but within a week she will be missing them. ;)

Thanks again.

Jim Ketron
10-26-2004, 2:11 AM
Thats some nice looking Gals Dick hope for a speedy recovery.
prayers on the way

Jim

Dick Parr
10-26-2004, 6:10 AM
Thanks Jim, hope to get some update pictures when the wife gets home today.