PDA

View Full Version : I Just Watched The 2nd Worst Movie EVER

Mike Cruz
08-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Okay, so I'm a sucker for Horror Flicks. Okay, maybe I'm a sucker for any SciFi or Horror flick. Okay, we'll stretch it even further to Comedy. And I've discoverd some sleepers over the years. But I JUST got done watching the 2nd worse movie EVER!!!!!!!!

Troll 2. Yeah, 2! Actually, I bought the Troll/Troll 2 DVD years ago, and just got to watching Troll last week. It was a predictable 80's flick with some big names. Enjoyable enough to watch. Hey, it was late at night, and I had it...what do you want.

So, tonight, the wife headed off to bed early and I thought I would sit down with Troll 2 and a margarita. I should have had 4! Margaritas, not Troll movies. This had some of the WORST acting, WORST plot, WORST cosumes, WORST special (if you can call them special) effects, WORST directing, WORST dialog I've EVER seen. It was like a train wreck...I HAD to keep watching.

Ugh...a wasted evening.

Rich Stewart
08-22-2010, 5:38 AM
I got stuck on a transpacific flight and the movies they had were The Princess Diaries I&II. GAH!! The WORST movies ever made.

Rich Engelhardt
08-22-2010, 5:53 AM
Next time you want to waste a couple hours of your life check out:

"The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Crazy Mixed Up Zombies". <-- By far the worst ever made. Just MHO.

Ray Dennis Steckler - who made the film has a "cult" following though so there's no accounting for individual tastes.

John A langley
08-22-2010, 9:41 AM
Years ago Lost In Space, my vote for number 1 worst.

Chuck Wintle
08-22-2010, 10:11 AM
The Toxic Avenger must be up there for one of the worst movies ever made..IMO. :D

David G Baker
08-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Won't be long and the above mentioned flicks will be cult classics. Remember The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?

Ben Franz
08-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Johnny Mnemonic gets my vote ("Hit me!") - sorry, Keanu.

Myk Rian
08-22-2010, 1:09 PM
Plan 9 from Outer Space was voted the worse ever movie made.
Bela Lugosi was in it, but died 2 years before release. They had a stand-in finish the movie, and hid his face with the cape.

Bill Cunningham
08-22-2010, 1:26 PM
Plan 9 from Outer Space was voted the worse ever movie made.
Bela Lugosi was in it, but died 2 years before release. They had a stand-in finish the movie, and hid his face with the cape.

Actually it was the Ed Woods (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Wood) (the filmmaker)'s chiropractor that stood in for Lugosi(who was only in it because of unrelated clips), and the chiropractor was a foot taller :D Ed wood made a number of real stinkers. They even made a movie about 'him' that was pretty bad too..

Mike Cruz
08-22-2010, 1:35 PM
If you are talking about the one with Heather, NOOOOOOO! It wasn't THAT bad...

Dan Hintz
08-22-2010, 3:22 PM
Ever seen War of the Worlds? No, not the original, or even the Tom Cruise one... the one made in 2005 with Jake Busey. I never thought a movie could bore me in such a short period of time... the acting was, well, it wasn't acting. Amazing when even the B- and C-list actors phone in their "performances"...

Zach England
08-22-2010, 3:50 PM
There was a piece about this movie on NPR a few weeks ago. Apparently there is a whole coterie of devotees dedicated to honoring the "best worst movie" and there has been a documentary made about it. As I recall it (Troll 2) was filmed here in Utah.

*disclaimer: I have never actually seen the movie.

John Coloccia
08-22-2010, 3:51 PM
Tetsuo - The Iron Man

That movie is in a completely different league of bad. There are others that make even Tetsuo look like a masterpiece.

Jacob Mac
08-22-2010, 6:01 PM
Anaconda has my vote. But there are a lot of really terrible flicks out there.

paul cottingham
08-22-2010, 7:36 PM
The Toxic Avenger must be up there for one of the worst movies ever made..IMO. :D

Dude! Best Movie Ever....

After "Surf Nazis Must Die" (real title!) of course.

Doug Shepard
08-22-2010, 8:09 PM
My vote goes to a Tarzan movie with Bo Derrick and some schmo playing Tarzan that I dont recall. Let's just say Bo Dont Know Diddly. Every line out of her mouth was so bad you just had to cringe.

Bill Cunningham
08-22-2010, 10:31 PM
My vote goes to a Tarzan movie with Bo Derrick and some schmo playing Tarzan that I dont recall. Let's just say Bo Dont Know Diddly. Every line out of her mouth was so bad you just had to cringe.

Gee!! I don't think I even noticed her mouth!:rolleyes:

Bryan Morgan
08-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Okay, so I'm a sucker for Horror Flicks. Okay, maybe I'm a sucker for any SciFi or Horror flick. Okay, we'll stretch it even further to Comedy. And I've discoverd some sleepers over the years. But I JUST got done watching the 2nd worse movie EVER!!!!!!!!

Troll 2. Yeah, 2! Actually, I bought the Troll/Troll 2 DVD years ago, and just got to watching Troll last week. It was a predictable 80's flick with some big names. Enjoyable enough to watch. Hey, it was late at night, and I had it...what do you want.

So, tonight, the wife headed off to bed early and I thought I would sit down with Troll 2 and a margarita. I should have had 4! Margaritas, not Troll movies. This had some of the WORST acting, WORST plot, WORST cosumes, WORST special (if you can call them special) effects, WORST directing, WORST dialog I've EVER seen. It was like a train wreck...I HAD to keep watching.

Ugh...a wasted evening.

I liked the Troll movies... The #1 hands down worst movie of all time was Magnolia. 3 hours of my life I can't ever get back.

Steve Leverich
08-23-2010, 3:38 AM
Get on netflix and check out Beer Drinkers in Space - I like bad movies if only to laugh at 'em, but only lasted about 4 minutes with that one... Steve

scott spencer
08-23-2010, 5:27 AM
Recent bad movies with big name actors:

Revolutionary Road - Leonardo DiCaprio/Kate Winslet
Greenberg - Ben Stiller
Father of the Year - Robin Williams

All pointless, dark, and a total waste of time and money (IMHO)

Belinda Barfield
08-23-2010, 7:09 AM
I like bad movies if only to laugh at 'em, but only lasted about 4 minutes with that one... Steve

The reason I loved MST3K!

Cliff Rohrabacher
08-23-2010, 11:12 AM
I Just Watched The 2nd Worst Movie EVER

Don't feel too badly.
I actually tried to watch Invictus

Jim Rimmer
08-23-2010, 1:36 PM
Thanks, Belinda, I was trying to remember the name of that program. It was great.

Belinda Barfield
08-23-2010, 2:27 PM
Thanks, Belinda, I was trying to remember the name of that program. It was great.

You're "every happy" welcome!

Rob Young
08-23-2010, 2:46 PM
Plan 9 is pretty bad. Hard to even keep making fun of it all the way through it is so bad.

Another fun one to watch is "Killer Klowns from Outer Space". More beer = more fun with this one too. :cool:

Pat Germain
08-23-2010, 4:06 PM

One of my favorite MST3K episodes is "Quest of the Delta Knights". I think it was the only movie featured on MST3K which was filmed in the 1990s. This flick has a two young lads who dress like Holly Hobby and a young hottie whom they both lust after. They're running around in what is supposed to medieval England, or something. You really can't tell. Since the budget was limited, it was filmed at a Renaissance Fair; and it looks like it!

Let us remember that there are movies which are bad and fun to watch in their badness. Then there are movies which are just really bad and painful to watch. In the latter category, "Random Hearts" with Harrison Ford and Kristen Scott Thomas is the all time worst in my book. Blech!

Roger Ebert's web page recently featured an interesting review of the documentary about "Troll 2".

Dan Hintz
08-23-2010, 5:01 PM
Ah, yes... KK from OS... a classic :)

Matt Logana
08-23-2010, 5:16 PM
I would have to recommend "The Bunker" as one of the worst.... Nothin' worse than Undead Nazis in a bunker with stupid people... I remember it has attrocious acting...

I forget who said it, but I concur with you regarding the movies on flights.. When I went to France a couple years ago, they had crap for movies.. I ended up watching CSI episodes... but since there were only three.. I ended up board out of my tree for 5 hours...

Bryan Morgan
08-23-2010, 5:36 PM
Another fun one to watch is "Killer Klowns from Outer Space". More beer = more fun with this one too. :cool:

Hey that was a great movie! In fact, my wife knew this movie and liked it before she met me. Thats how I know she is "the one" heh :D

Mike Cruz
08-23-2010, 6:11 PM
OMG, this thread took on a life of its own! I got a couple emails here and there with some responses, but didn't realize there were so many. Thanks for chiming in ya'll. Glad to know I'm not the only one that wasted precious hours of my life that I can't get back.

What I'm kinda surprised about is that the title of this thread is about the 2nd worse movie I ever saw, not the WORST one. Nobody asked what the worst was. And since you didn't ask, I'll tell ya. :D

Actually, the worse movie I've EVER seen isn't a movie...it is a series of three movies. Brotherhood, Brotherhood 2, and Brotherhood 3. I'm not sure what they were even about. Vampires maybe? Anyway, I got them for about $3 bucks each (that comes to $10 too much). I watched the first one and was horified. I HAD to watch the second because, well, the first was SO bad that if there was a second one, they HAD to improve on it. Nope...as bad or worse. After that one, I thought...no, the third one is the charm. It HAS to get better, it CAN'T get worse. Nope, still the same, if not worse, crap.

You know the old addage...Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice shame on me. What is it when you get fooled three times?

Belinda Barfield
08-23-2010, 8:54 PM
Bad movies?

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-piranha-3D-and-the-movies-so-bad-theyre-good.html

Mike Cruz
08-23-2010, 9:22 PM
Thanks, Belinda...SOOOOOOOO proving my point. Here is the write up of Troll 2:

TROLL 2 (http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Troll_Troll_2_Double_Feature/60030068?mqso=80027681) (1990)
By pretty much any measure, this film has to be ranked as one of the worst films ever made. Describing the mind-bogglingly idiotic plot might very well induce a migraine, but it includes oozing chlorophyll, militantly vegetarian goblins, and some of the worst line readings in history. It was even the subject of a documentary called "Best Worst Movie." The one thing the movie lacks: a single troll.

Oh, and not only wasn't there ANY mention of trolls, the name of the town the family went to for vacation was, quite unimaginatively....NILBOG :rolleyes:

Brian Myers
08-26-2010, 11:13 PM

Fantastic movie - no beer needed!:D