PDA

View Full Version : Plane used in a corner

Jim Dunn
12-23-2004, 6:26 PM
Posting this over here also as the other forum is out hunting for food.:D

I am building a top for a down draft table. Having trimmed out the top I need to plane it down to the height of the peg board I am installing.

Planning in the corner is producing tear out problems.

As I've stated in the past, I am using what little skills I have, to practice on shop jigs and such so when I start to produce something pretty maybe
I can.:p

The peg board is designed short so as to shift it and close off the holes and use the vacumn produced in the box to draw dust from a spindle sander. Still have to build a blast gate. This may work maybe not.

I can't add the same pics here as I already have them on the "other side".

Jim

John Lucas
12-23-2004, 10:19 PM
I can't add the same pics here as I already have them on the "other side".
Jim

And why can't you. The visuals would be helpful. If not, you must consider the other forum better and more impotant.

John Lucas
woodshopdemos.com

Ted Shrader
12-23-2004, 10:24 PM
John -

They're on a thread in the Neander forum. Check <a href="http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=15057">here</a>.

Ted

Jim Dunn
12-23-2004, 10:27 PM
John,

I posted on the neander side first but as there wasn't anyone else logged on, and I needed an answer, I posted here too.

When posting photos this forum won't allow duplicate posts even in different forums or from a previous thread. If there is a way to link threads together, and I'm sure there is, (I'm not computer litterate enough to do it) I would put a link in this forum to the thread in the other side.

Jim Dunn
12-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Ted,

Your are a saving grace. Could you explain how to do that linking thing to me, please :)