PDA

View Full Version : New Video: Making a wooden tailstock cone centre

Bob Hamilton
02-26-2011, 4:09 AM
Hi:
I have had my Oneway tail center for so long I sometimes forget that not everyone has a cone center for their tailstock. I had a few comments after I used my cone center on a couple of my latest videos, so I made this one showing how to make a cone shaped wooden sleeve to slip over your existing tailstock live center when you want to support a piece that has a hole bored in the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acqZRDdkmkk

Take care
Bob

Fred Perreault
02-26-2011, 6:53 AM
Bob, another revealing video from the George Lucas of The North. Your vids have come a long way in the past few years. But the background view of your shop floor, etc. hasn't changed much. :) :) :)

I have the Oneway tail center set, but sometimes wish it were a little bigger. Now I know how.

Deane Allinson
02-26-2011, 9:24 AM
I really enjoy your videos. You are a good teacher, easy to listen to.
Deane

Greg Just
02-26-2011, 9:38 AM
Thanks Bob - Great video. I have often thought of making one of these and now I know how. Thanks for sharing.

David E Keller
02-26-2011, 10:03 AM
I really enjoy your videos, Bob. I learn something every time I watch one. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Bernie Weishapl
02-26-2011, 10:52 AM
I enjoyed the video Bob. Thanks for sharing.

Ron McKinley
02-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Excellent Bob! Thanks.......Ron

Baxter Smith
02-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Great video. I have the oneway cone center but an even larger one would be helpful in finishing a couple of vases I have roughed out. Thanks for posting.

Richard Madden
02-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Good video, Bob. I appreciate you taking the time to put it together.

Tim Thiebaut
02-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks for taking the time to make these videos Bob, they are always very helpful! I made a couple of these a while ago for my live center, I used a "1 1/2 forstner bit to bore the hole and it fit perfectly for the one I have so I got off easy without having to bore it by hand.

Dick Strauss
02-26-2011, 8:00 PM
Bob,
Thanks for posting the video!

I made one several years ago and decided that I wanted it to be versatile...so I hollowed out the interior to fit snugly over my Delta livecenter and put a shoulder on it so it mounts in my 4 jaw chuck for the headstock side of things. I mount it in Stronghold chuck and snug up the tailstock (for things like HFs) when I want to turn off the foot to finish a piece.