PDA

View Full Version : Jet Vortex Cone Dust Collector

Brett Hoffman
05-29-2011, 11:32 AM
I was thinking of picking up a dust collector and was wondering what other's thoughts are on this dust collector found http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004T86NAK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I know you can get a HF dust collector and mod it, but I just assume get something that I don't have to bother with it. Every time I get a HF product it never seems to work out quite the way I expected it to. I guess you get what you pay for.

Greg Peterson
05-29-2011, 12:02 PM
The Jet comes with a 2 micron filter. You can easily retro fit the HF unit with a Wynn 1 micron filter (which is the particle size you need to capture). Both units would benefit from the Thien baffle.

In this instance, I would opt for the HF unit.

Paul Wunder
05-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Have you considered the Delta 50-760. It is also 1 1/2 HP and comes with a 1 micron bag which is far superior to the Jet's 2 micron specs. The Delta is about $400 on Amazon. It is also a proven design and has been top rated by many woodworking magazines. It is also a relatively quiet machine. I just recently sold mine after upgrading it to a ClearVue cyclone.