PDA

View Full Version : ClearVue Mini CV06 is back!

Carl Babel
08-29-2011, 4:20 AM
Looks a bit different than the first CV06. But it does sport a nifty "Bill Pentz Authorized" label. :D
Anyone have one yet? I am thinking about biting the bullet.

minicv06.com

robert morrison
08-29-2011, 7:51 AM
Now it comes back. Last winter I was checking ebay trying to find a CV06 and had no luck. I was unwilling to buy the Oneida product for a couple of reasons that I will not expound upon in an open forum.

Being skeptical of a thein baffle, I decided to instead make a mini cyclone for the shop vac that took a L O N G time to build. The results were disapointing as I was only getting about 2/3 rds seperation I didn't have the heart to throw it away, so it now sits in the attic of my garage. I then made a thein baffle for the vac that is getting at least 90% of seperation. It only took part of an afternoon to make and the results changed my opinion of phil's bafle idea.

Jerome Hanby
08-29-2011, 8:21 AM
It sure looks neat and not as top heavy as the dust deputy...but I just bought the DD at Woodcraft's sale, so I'll stick with it.

Joseph Tarantino
08-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Now it comes back. Last winter I was checking ebay trying to find a CV06 and had no luck. I was unwilling to buy the Oneida product for a couple of reasons that I will not expound upon in an open forum.

Being skeptical of a thein baffle, I decided to instead make a mini cyclone for the shop vac that took a L O N G time to build. The results were disapointing as I was only getting about 2/3 rds seperation I didn't have the heart to throw it away, so it now sits in the attic of my garage. I then made a thein baffle for the vac that is getting at least 90% of seperation. It only took part of an afternoon to make and the results changed my opinion of phil's bafle idea.

after hanging around a few forums for several years, you start to get the impression that phil is a good source of very good information.

Peter Aeschliman
08-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Interesting. Although Oneida's plastic dust deputy is WAY cheaper than Clearvue's.

I have Thien baffles on my dust collector and they work great... So I think I'll go with that when I get around to doing a pre-seperator on my shop vac.

Trent Shirley
08-29-2011, 1:20 PM
I plan on building a Thien baffle in the near future myself. Anyone done any comparison testing between the DC06 and a Thien baffle?

Jerome Hanby
08-29-2011, 2:06 PM
Don't know about the DC06, but it sure is fun watching the chips fly round and round the dust deputy...

Alan Schwabacher
08-29-2011, 3:13 PM
It is interesting looking, without a conical part. It looks to me like the smooth air intake portion of a Pentz cyclone mated with a Thien baffle.

It may not be a Thien baffle if you define that as having a gap around 120 degrees of its edge, but it sure sounds as if it's playing the same role:
"Dimpled Diffuser Plate – This new additional to our Mini CV06 design provides a focal point for the vortex, adding to its stability, and prevents debris from being sucked back up into the chamber."

Tom Esh
08-29-2011, 5:00 PM
Wow, that is way different and smaller than the original. Looks to be much less top-heavy too. If it works as well, I'll be tempted.