PDA

View Full Version : Super Nova 2 Chuck

Greg Just
02-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Has anyone ever purchases a reconditioned SuperNOVA2 Chuck? Technatool is selling then for $99 plus the insert. I have one that I purchased new about 5 years ago and have had no problems with it.

Thanks in advance

allen thunem
02-09-2012, 11:37 AM
I just pruchased one but have not yet received it. I couldnt pass up such a deal. will keep you posted

Allan Ferguson
02-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Bought a G3 reconditioned. Very nice and great price. I have been using it for a couple months.

Tim Rinehart
02-09-2012, 12:08 PM
my experience with reconditioned products has always been very good. I buy whatever I can from CPO or Recon resellers and save a decent amount with no issues.
I may just have to pick one of those up...can always use an extra chuck, and even with shipping, excellent deal.

John Spitters
02-09-2012, 12:53 PM
My first chuck was a Super Nova chuck that had been used as a demo chuck for a number of yrs before I got it. This is the older style before the Super Nova 2 came out. This chuck has always performed well for me so I would not hesitate to buy a "reconditioned one" of either the old or new version. I currently own 6 Nova chucks, one older style (my first) 4 of the Super Nova 2 and one Nova Titan. and all of the Jaws that are available for these chucks.

John

Ralph Lindberg
02-09-2012, 1:04 PM
Bought one of the reconditioned ones a few weeks ago, LOML has it all loaded up with a walnut bowl right now. Certainly worth getting yet-another chuck (four SN-2's and three Titans)

Ralph Lindberg
02-09-2012, 1:06 PM
I may just have to pick one of those up...can always use an extra chuck, and even with shipping, excellent deal.

Watch the shipping, the FIRST option as $115 (for shipping). I'm guessing that was next day by 10AM !!!. Actual was much cheaper

Phil St.Germain
02-09-2012, 1:13 PM
I bought a reconditioned SN 2 a few weeks ago, works great. I bought the original SN, reconditioned, a few years ago and it is still going strong. Highly recommend the recon'ed chucks.

Paul Singer
02-09-2012, 1:20 PM
I bought one a few months ago and it performs just as well as the one I bought a couple of years ago new. I would buy another in a minute without hesitation.

Richard Jones
02-09-2012, 2:39 PM
I've bought two of the reconditioned SN2's, both are operating just fine. Doubtful if I will ever buy another new chuck. I have four SN2's, and I can't tell any difference in any of them in actual operation. Only one of them was mfg. in NZ, the other three are PRC.

Rich

Scott Hackler
02-09-2012, 3:07 PM
My first SN2 chuck was brand new. The second one was a reconditioned one and I can't tell the difference between the two of them....well except for the nice price break! I wouldn't hesitate to buy a reconditioned one again.

Steve Mawson
02-09-2012, 7:19 PM
Have had one recon for 6-8months, no problems

Greg Just
02-09-2012, 9:03 PM
Just bought one. It was $20 for the insert and $18.29 was the cheapest shipping. Thanks for the feedback.