PDA

View Full Version : Need help/information for band saw

Pete Zahn
07-06-2005, 10:06 PM
First, let me complement both the members and the moderators of this forum. I don't think I've seen one where folks are as courteous to one another.
I "joined" last evening after reading a few of the posts - and I've not done this before, largely due to the tone of most forums.

To business - after 18 years, I've finally put my "would be" woodshop on the front burner. One of the projects is to resurrect my Dad's old Power Kraft band saw. The tires and motor are shot. The motor I can replace, but am having difficulty finding tires small enough.

The diameter of the wheels that I have are 9 1/4" and the track in the wheels is 5/8". I've seen the urethane tires, but the smallest I've seen advertised thus far is 10".

I followed the suggestion I saw posted last evening to Suffolk machinery, but they too had the 10" x 7/8" - as always too late to call them.

Any ideas where to find? If someone knows who the manufacturer is, perhaps I can contact them directly for a distributer.

I look forward to revisiting this forum. It's nice to find a place where the wits & chisels are sharp - and the tongues are sheathed.

Thanks in advance,
Pete Zahn

Alan Turner
07-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Try Louis Iturra, of Iturra Design, In Fl. And, weclome to SMC. BTW, he has an 800 #, but no web site.

Pete Zahn
07-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Try Louis Iturra, of Iturra Design, In Fl. And, weclome to SMC. BTW, he has an 800 #, but no web site.
:)
Alan - Thanks very much. Found the number 888-722-7078. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Pete Zahn

Sam Blasco
07-06-2005, 10:54 PM
The best bet may be to get some tire stock, cut it and glue it or get it vulcanized. there will be a seam, but I doubt it will make much of a difference on that type and size of bandsaw. Louis will point you in the right direction.