PDA

View Full Version : Please help!! Need to reset the tracking on my laser

Dawn Cortez
05-11-2017, 7:49 PM
:( I have a 50 watt chinese laser. I set up my rotary as the Y axis before positioning the head correctly above the rollers. In my impatience I manually moved the head in position. Set the origin and went about my work. Didn't even think it would mess it up. BUT now when I went back to the regular Y the laser head travels to far and slams into the wall :eek:. I tried sliding it back to where I thought it went and now its doing it to the top too....Please tell me there is a way to realign everything. I tried searching for the info but am not sure oin the correct terminology to bring up what I need.

note.. I did change my vendor settings to the original .rld settings before starting the new work.

Any help greatly appreciated

Keith Downing
05-11-2017, 8:10 PM
:( I have a 50 watt chinese laser. I set up my rotary as the Y axis before positioning the head correctly above the rollers. In my impatience I manually moved the head in position. Set the origin and went about my work. Didn't even think it would mess it up. BUT now when I went back to the regular Y the laser head travels to far and slams into the wall :eek:. I tried sliding it back to where I thought it went and now its doing it to the top too....Please tell me there is a way to realign everything. I tried searching for the info but am not sure oin the correct terminology to bring up what I need.

note.. I did change my vendor settings to the original .rld settings before starting the new work.

Any help greatly appreciated

Assuming you tried turning the machine off and back on? That usually does it for me when the machine gets "confused".

If that didn't work, then I'd turn the machine off, unhook the y axis control, manually move the laser head back to where it was before this all started, and then plug the y axis back in, and turn the machine back on.

There may be a way to reset the calibration in the software, but I don't know it.

John Lifer
05-11-2017, 10:08 PM
Well heck, I wrote a page and my tablet did want me to post it. I never use the Chinese way to set up my rotary. Go find rdworkslab.com and get manual from them or boss. You don't go into vendor settings. Be place to be​. Easy to screw up machine.
Use the user tab and turn on an off rotary there. But make sure machine is off when you physically flip switch on machine if equipped, or unplug y axis an plug in rotary at the stepper driver. Must be powered down! Change test in rdworks to slow down frame function.
What I do is :
You must read then change setting to rotary on or off, then write back to machine. Then cut off machine add rotary however physically you need​ to do, then turn on the machine. Push beam back against back switch pull out a hair then push back. When x axis starts to move back to original, pull beam back to where you need it to be to be parallel to rotary. Move x with keypad. Use it next reverse to set back up. I usually cut off rotary in rdworks before physically removing, just read ,change to no, and write. Cut off machine. Don't unplug unless machine is off, once set back up turn on machine, it should reset. Go to rdworkslab.com get English manual and set up depending on your rotary... Three choices. Hope this helps

Dawn Cortez
05-12-2017, 7:00 AM
Thank you!

Rich Harman
05-14-2017, 12:51 AM
You can also disable homing of the Y axis when using the rotary. Just remember to re-enable when you switch back.