PDA

View Full Version : Epilog and Help CUTTING

Ryan Cooles
08-24-2017, 7:16 PM
So I got ahold of an Epilog Mini 24 at my wood shop, and have been messing around with it here and there for a few weeks. Its absolutely amazing and i'm sure i'm just scratching the surface of what I can do. I have run into a small issue though. I want to cut out a design and use it to mark all of my large pieces of furniture, kinda of like car emblems but somewhere out of sight. It says on Epilog's website that it can engrave and cut wood. From what I can gather you have to use the vector setting to get it to cut material. So I have loaded up my design which is basically my signature scanned into illustrator. I then used the pen tool to trace the outline of the signature and then the stroke option to outline it with black, and the Epilog should cut there. I hit print, the job shows up on the printers screen and I hit go,

it immediately beeps, shows 600dpi, then DONE on the screen.

Under print preferences I have selected the vector bullet, and I have messed around with the power settings, still the same result. Any help would be great. I'm sure that i'm missing something small....

Joe Pelonio
08-24-2017, 7:23 PM
It has to be a hairline to cut. Use Corel Trace to outline it, then select the trace and make hairline thickness.

Tony Lenkic
08-24-2017, 7:28 PM
Ryan,

Make sure the outline you created is hairline. Anything greater then 3 thous laser will treat as raster job. Do you have it set as RGB in color mapping?

Doug Griffith
08-26-2017, 1:02 PM
Since there is no "hairline" option in Illustrator, just stroke it at .001" to achieve the same goal.