PDA

View Full Version : Whats your thought about Boss lasers ???

Robert Bonenfant
08-24-2017, 7:56 PM
We are thinking about buy two of the LS-5298, They look alot more solid than the current brand we use (Camfive large format machine shows two different colored machines on there site) I seen them at a few shows before and they look like solid machines but I wanted to get some input from a few users before we place the order. We only cut plywood, acrylic and rarely do any laser engraving. I seen them in action in a Shop in Columbus Ohio and the owner said they run all day no problems.

Any advice would be grateful.

Bert Kemp
08-24-2017, 10:09 PM
You being in Ohio I think you would have looked at Rabbit, better machine closer to home for support and parts. and comparable prices, Just a thought.

QUOTE=Robert Bonenfant;2720536]We are thinking about buy two of the LS-5298, They look alot more solid than the current brand we use (Camfive large format machine shows two different colored machines on there site) I seen them at a few shows before and they look like solid machines but I wanted to get some input from a few users before we place the order. We only cut plywood, acrylic and rarely do any laser engraving. I seen them in action in a Shop in Columbus Ohio and the owner said they run all day no problems.

Any advice would be grateful.[/QUOTE]

Robert Bonenfant
08-24-2017, 10:18 PM
I really like rabbit laser, They have helped me with issues in the past. The only reason I didnt contact them is they only offer upto 80 watt tubes and after making a visit to there warehouse I didnt see any of the large format machines in stock. (Or atleast my last quote a year ago they only sold upto 80 watt) We are looking at the 150 watt model for extra cutting speed. Ill call them tomorrow and see if they can get the machines in a reasonable time frame and see if they can offer 150 watt tubes. Would be nice to have a local company like them to buy from.

Dave Sheldrake
08-25-2017, 12:46 AM
They are rebranded Weike's, bit brutal and lack refinements but not bad