PDA

View Full Version : Pen follow up (pic)

Bob Noles
02-08-2006, 4:00 PM
As promised, here is a picture of the pen I turned last night for my wife's cyber friend in Kansas who's birthday is coming up.

The pen is cocobolo wood furnished to me by John Hart. It was turned using nothing but my "really big" roughing gouge and then finished in the usual manner. I thought it came out pretty good for an amatuer.

See there Tyler.... I told you not to wave your thong this direction :eek:

Rich Stewart
02-08-2006, 4:05 PM
Good lookin pen Bob. She gonna love it. First reaction of everybody is, "Nah, you didn't make that." I gave a couple away at work and everybody loved em even though they were my first ones and were not very good. You really taking off on this turning stuff. Great job.

Wonder if John has anymore of that cocobolo?

Bill Stevener
02-08-2006, 4:16 PM
Very nice looking pen Bob, Thank you for the photo. Are you now going to sell all of your other turning tools?? Lots of folks looking. :D

Nice work,

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Bob Noles
02-08-2006, 4:51 PM
Very nice looking pen Bob, Thank you for the photo. Are you now going to sell all of your other turning tools?? Lots of folks looking. :D

Nice work,

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

If I do I'll be starting with the skew chisel :D :eek:

Jim Ketron
02-08-2006, 4:55 PM
Nice pen!
Good work!

Keith Burns
02-08-2006, 5:16 PM
Great looking pen Bob. It is amazing what you can do with those huge tools.:) :) :)

Bernie Weishapl
02-08-2006, 5:28 PM
Bob that is a awesome looking pen. Pretty good with a big roughing gouge. Nice work my friend.

Corey Hallagan
02-08-2006, 5:29 PM
Excellent Bob, that is some nice coco, looks like angle cut. Beautiful pen Bob!

Corey

John Hart
02-08-2006, 6:02 PM
Nicely done Bob! Now that's a handsome pen.:)

Mike Ramsey
02-08-2006, 10:30 PM
That is a very nice looking pen Bob. Good job!