PDA

View Full Version : What a Great Day- Awesome Wood and a New Friend

Bob Winkler
07-30-2006, 7:44 PM
Took a road trip and picked up a load of very nicely figured cherry. Wish I had room to store more, since Steve had loads of beautiful walnut as well. Check out this piece in the picture.

If anyone is ever around York, give Steve Strickler a shout and I'm sure he would love to show off some that beautiful stock he has.

Steve, it was great to meet you and I enjoyed our short visit. The wood looks great in my shop just waiting for me to build something.;)

Bob

Steve Roxberg
07-30-2006, 8:21 PM
Nice looking board, it must have some very cool figure in it.

Bob Noles
07-30-2006, 9:00 PM
Bob,

That is one nice looking piece of wood, but you forget to give us hint about what plans you have for it :D

Bob Winkler
07-30-2006, 9:21 PM
Bob,

Just to be clear- I didn't buy THAT board. :( I was just admiring it and we thought it would look cool in the picture. I blew my budget on lots of figured cherry boards, and the walnut is awaiting some other lucky guy.

Bob

Corey Hallagan
07-30-2006, 9:32 PM
Congrats on the wood gloat Bob!

corey

Bob Noles
07-30-2006, 9:37 PM
Bob,

Just to be clear- I didn't buy THAT board. :( I was just admiring it and we thought it would look cool in the picture. I blew my budget on lots of figured cherry boards, and the walnut is awaiting some other lucky guy.

Bob

What???? You only carry one credit card? :eek: :D I'm afraid THAT board would have had to come home with me some how some way :p

Wish I lived closer as Steve sounds like the one to get yopur wood from. Thanks for sharing a great experience.