PDA

View Full Version : A Lie-Nielsen Birthday

Mike Cutler
02-11-2007, 9:41 AM
I turned 48 today, I still can't believe I made it this far.:D

For My B'day LOML has given me the 9 chisel Lie-Nielsen set. I gotta tell you, these are some very nice chisels, and the cocobola handles are very nicely done. They feel great in the hand, and balance well. I can't wait until it warms up enough to really "put the wood to 'em" so to speak.

So here are some pic's of my B'day gloat. Now I just have to learn how to use them, and take LOML out for a nice dinner.;)

Doug Shepard
02-11-2007, 9:50 AM
Awesome gift she got you. Looks just like my new set except I got the boxwood handles and you must have gotten the left handed set. Mine are graduated in the roll from smallest to biggest.:D I was hoping to get some honing and test-ride time in this weekend, but Saturday flew by. Might still get some time for it today though.

Edit:
Oops - Mr Singer is right. My handles are hornbeam not boxwood. Not enough coffee yet this morning.

Mark Singer
02-11-2007, 9:56 AM
I have the 5 chisel set...I origially got the cocbola handels and then I got a set of the hornbeam...which are tougher..Congradulations and Happy Birthday!

Dan Larson
02-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Happy birthday Mike. I'm sure you will love using them for the next 48. I enjoy using my LN chisels so much that I find myself looking for any excuse to pick them up!

Dan

Roy Wall
02-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Good for you Mike!! Happy Birthday......

Dinner tonight and don't forget Valentines.........:)

Zahid Naqvi
02-11-2007, 10:29 AM
I envy you Mike, nothing like a tool for BD present. Use them well.

Jim Becker
02-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Woah! Sounds like a "very big kiss" is in order for the LOYL! Nice!

Jim Young
02-11-2007, 12:08 PM
I have the 5 chisel set...I origially got the cocbola handels and then I got a set of the hornbeam...which are tougher..Congradulations and Happy Birthday!Interesting, I got the 5 piece set earlier this year and also bought the cocobolo handles. When the set came in the chisels had the hornbeam handles on them with the cocobolo handles in a seperate bag. I wans't expecting to get the hornbeams for free.

Ron Brese
02-12-2007, 8:15 AM
I think I'd keep her. I've always heard that the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach, I think there's a path thru new tools also.

Ron