PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes small projects are fun too.

Bart Leetch
03-06-2007, 12:15 AM
This little ROS disk storage system has been fun to make. Now I need to buy more ROS disks.

Jesse Thornton
03-06-2007, 1:36 AM
Ha! I must stayed up too late using SketchUp tonight - I just tried to 'orbit' around your project picture with the middle mouse button!:p
I love building shop stuff, whether it be simple organizational projects like yours or complicated precision jigs. What I'm really looking forward to is the day I can build my whole shop from the ground up - but I guess I'm straying off the topic of small projects.:rolleyes:
I keep all my ROS discs in cd wallets from the dollar store. They fit perfectly, plus they're compact, lightweight, and easily transported. Before I discovered that handy combination, they were perpetually disorganized.

scott spencer
03-06-2007, 6:01 AM
Some of those quickie projects are my favorites...especially when you just want the satisfaction of making some dust and pounding out a little trinket from the shop in a couple of hours. Very little sanding, no finishing, no expensive materials, no head scratching... boy I miss my shop this time of year! :rolleyes:

Mike Langford
03-06-2007, 8:26 AM
Small projects are a great way to use our scraps and gain a tool at the same time!
I built my disc holder out of MDF....I like your wood one Bart!
Last year I made a few cam clamps out of scrap maple....

Here's the finished clamps

Here they are in action!

Charles Jackson III
03-06-2007, 9:18 AM
Nice project.