PDA

View Full Version : rubber band gun

eric mall
05-01-2007, 5:57 PM
im trying to find plans for one of those rubber band gatlin style guns, with the hand crank that shoots a hundred or so bands. i think my nephews would get a kick out of them. anyone have a copy?

Mark Rios
05-01-2007, 6:07 PM
Those are illegal here in CA. You can buy an AK47 if you like but rubber band guns were outlawed because a mom in the SF Bay area saw a rubber band fly near her son one time and she felt that it might injure a child sometime so she led a movement and got a bill passed that banned them.

:D :D :D

Mike Cutler
05-01-2007, 9:32 PM
Those are illegal here in CA. You can buy an AK47 if you like but rubber band guns were outlawed because a mom in the SF Bay area saw a rubber band fly near her son one time and she felt that it might injure a child sometime so she led a movement and got a bill passed that banned them.

:D :D :D

That is really, really sad. I hope she never see's a paintball gun in action.

Jim Underwood
05-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Ah.. too bad. Someone shoulda got one for her, and let her get in on the fun...:p

Some folks take the fun outa things, ya know?:rolleyes:

Jim Underwood
05-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Here's a place you can buy plans:

http://www.backyardartillery.com/

Mark Rios
05-02-2007, 12:40 AM
You folks over there on the left coast may not be too familiar with the stupid silly things that get brought up to our state legistlature here in CA.

Just to be clear, my comment about the rubber band guns was a joke but.........this kind of thing DOES get brought up by our congresspeople. For example (this one is NOT a joke), a congresswoman is trying to get a law passed to ban BBQ grills and BBQ pits from public parks that have playground areas. This congresswoman was at a park recently and saw some children playing in the play area which happened to be approximately 50 feet away from a picnic area. Even though there have been absolutely NO accidents involving kids playing and BBQ pits, she says (and this is a direct quote), "something could happen".

Makes me mad enough to puke!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Charles McKinley
05-02-2007, 9:33 AM
Remember no political discussions. So when are you and other sane people going to run and get the loonies out?

Thanks for the link Jim.

Jim Becker
05-02-2007, 10:13 AM
You folks over there on the left coast may not be too familiar with the stupid silly things that get brought up to our state legistlature here in CA.

Um...YOU are on the left-coast, Mark... ;) At least on any map I have available when it's right-side up. (That's a geographical statement, obviously...)

Jim Underwood
05-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Charles...

I like your tag line.

You made the charcoal foundry yet? Or the lathe?

I made the foundry a few years back, and even made a couple patterns for the lathe, but never finished it. I'd like to one of these days though...

Mark Rios
05-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Um...YOU are on the left-coast, Mark... ;) At least on any map I have available when it's right-side up. (That's a geographical statement, obviously...)

Sorry Jim, I must have been using the left half of my bonehead brain when I was writing that one. :o :D :D :D

Hubert Carle
05-04-2007, 10:37 PM
I live in Sacramento Ca so can't say I disagree with this statement but it sure made me laugh when I heard it.

California is the land of Breakfast Cereal.

Flakes

Fruits

and Nuts!:eek::p:D:D

Paul Douglass
05-12-2007, 11:04 AM
And That Rubberband Gun Is Pretty Neat! What Fun!