PDA

View Full Version : Anyone thinking of using Norm's plans for Plantation Shutters?

Brent Stone
06-01-2007, 2:27 PM
Anyone thinking of doing the Plantation Shutter project from New Yankee workshop?

If so, I have an extra 400' of the 2.5" elliptical louvers. I had planned to do my house and, like a lot of my projects, got put on the back burner. I have a 2yr old and I'd rather spend my time with her that with my table saw.
Anyhow, I paid nearly $500 to have these ordered. I made one shutter and have over 400' left. I will sell the remaining stock for $300 delivered. If you need me to send pictures, let me know.

I also have the plans and video that I will throw in along with enough stilles to do about 6 windows. You can trim length to fit your application. Let me know if you have questions.

Doug Anders
06-01-2007, 2:46 PM
Yes, I am very interested. Especially if you will ship to California.

Are the louvers as specified in the plan (shape, wood type, etc...?)?

Thanks!

Brent Stone
06-01-2007, 2:51 PM
The plans allow for 2.5 or 3 inch louvers. Mine are 2.5inches and are very adaptable to the plans. I also have the plastic pins that Norm recommends if you are interested. The wood is what is recommended, Basswood if I remember correctly. I may have to say a little bit more for shipping all the way to CA. Shoot me your email and I will send you a couple pics when I get home.

Also let me know if you are interested in the stiles and the plastic pins. Thanks for the response!

Brent Stone
06-05-2007, 4:05 PM
Still have these....anyone with interest??

Jay Keller
06-05-2007, 4:07 PM
No. Plantation shutters came with the house I bought.

Brent Stone
06-05-2007, 4:09 PM
No. Plantation shutters came with the house I bought.

Same thing here kinda....we are buying a new house that already has them!

Brad Counts
06-07-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm interested. Do you still have?

Brent Stone
06-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Wife says these have to go...taking up space in the garage...

Tom Grisham
06-19-2007, 6:04 PM
I may be interested. Can you send a picture?
Tom