PDA

View Full Version : Here's the inside of the new shop

Bill Wyko
07-10-2007, 1:29 PM
You know the old saying "When the cats away, the mouse will play" While the LOML went to Phoenix for a week, I was able to finish the insulation, hang the sheetrock, texture the walls and get it painted, all with a little help from my friends. Also got the gates installed too. I hope she's happy when she gets home tonight. I hope you guys like it too. Here's a few pics. As you can see, it's already too small, but it'll do.:o Don't pay any attetion to the extension cord hanging through the window. Thats my only source of power until I get the 200 amp upgrade inspected.:D

Bill Wyko
07-10-2007, 1:35 PM
Here's the segmented gates too.:D FINALLY, back to turning. I've got several rings ready to go on the vessel tonight. If I can stay on it I should be close to done this weekend.:o

Pete Jordan
07-10-2007, 1:53 PM
Everything looks great! You just need some shelves for your projects.

TYLER WOOD
07-10-2007, 2:10 PM
Great thanks Bill, I just shorted out my keyboard with drool. Now my boss is going to be ticked!!! Nice shop!

Tim Malyszko
07-10-2007, 2:14 PM
Bill,

Nice shop. You say that it's already too small, but it looks like you did a very nice job laying everything out and making the most of the space. I like that you used the rafter as a place to put your clamps. I did that too and it really saved me a lot of space and keeps them out of the way.

The segmented gates look awesome.

Bill Wyko
07-10-2007, 2:15 PM
Thanks guys, I can't wait to have the building powered up. At least I can get to some turning now. I've got 7 rings ready for the big one tonight.:D

Mike Wilkins
07-10-2007, 2:24 PM
Looking good. All you need now is an AC unit for the window and a small refrigerator for liquid refreshments, then you are good to go.

Mike Vickery
07-10-2007, 3:37 PM
Congrats on the new shop. You will be turning that devil poison wood I gave you soon.

Bill Wyko
07-10-2007, 3:38 PM
I guess you can't see it, but there's an AC unit at the end of the tablesaw built into the wall, I can get it down to 72 degrees on a 105 degree day.:D The fridge is sitting at my business waiting for the building to be powered up from the house. Gotta make room for some cold ones.;) I still have to squeeze my 22-44 JET Drum sander somewhere, but I do it some how. It's my last missing link for segmenting.

Bill Wyko
07-10-2007, 3:42 PM
Congrats on the new shop. You will be turning that devil poison wood I gave you soon.
Hey Mike, I'll have it on the lathe soon I hope. I actually haven't got it from Craig yet but he's supposed to come down here in a week or so. I haven't had an alergy to any wood yet so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Actually I was cutting some 2x4's last week and that caused some itching but that's pine, I almost never make anything out of pine anyway.:)

Paul Engle
07-10-2007, 4:02 PM
ah vaulted celings way to go Bill !!!, Idid mine same way only have 3 colar ties to dodge when turnng 10 ft board, i have a small rollup door I plan on adding to mine to make " loading / unloading " way easier.

Keith Burns
07-10-2007, 4:09 PM
Turned out nice Bill !! I know you don't have power yet, but I'm curious, I don't see any light fixtures.

Steve Schlumpf
07-10-2007, 4:17 PM
Shop looks really good Bill! Everything seems to laid out so you have easy access. Hope the 200 amp inspection happens soon and everything checks out for you. Have fun!

Oh yeah, really like your gate! Very nice work!

mark page
07-10-2007, 4:29 PM
Hey Bill,

Don't forget the LOML to pick out a few curtains for the interior decor. Don't want to leave her completely out of the project.

Sean Troy
07-10-2007, 4:32 PM
It has to be a good feeling nearing the end of building.

Bill Wyko
07-10-2007, 4:32 PM
I did let her put one nail in:D it took her at least 20 minutes:eek: she said she could get a job doint that. I told her driving 3 nails per hour doesn't pay very well.......Did i mention the couch is very comfortable too.:(

Tom Keen
07-10-2007, 5:59 PM
Look great! I like the the way your utilized the exposed rafters! I may do that in my new shop. I need the storage. Our electrical service was hooked up yesterday. The windows are in the barn waiting installation and then I will finish the walls and tweak the details. I havent figured out heat yet. Im thinking about finding a small used furnace, but Ive got the rest of the summer to figure that part out.

Bill Wyko
07-10-2007, 6:39 PM
One other reason for leaving the loft rafters exposed is to run wiring from one side to the other if ever necessary. Being in the stereo business I'll be doing sometning for sound soon.:D I'm also going to run my dust collector tubing above so I don't have to see it.

Steve Clardy
07-10-2007, 7:33 PM
Looks very nice Bill!!

George Morris
07-10-2007, 9:23 PM
Great shop!! How big is it? Good luck!.... George

Skip Spaulding
07-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Looks great Bill, some neater than my old basement! Skip

Andy Hoyt
07-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Carpeting! It needs carpeting!

Sheesh!

Bernie Weishapl
07-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Bill great looking shop. Looks like it will do the job for ya.

Pat Doble
07-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Great lookin' shop Bill and those gates are gorgeous. I'm jealous of the vaulted ceiling. The garage addition I'm doing will only be about 84" from floor to ceiling - I'm hoping it won't feel like a cave when I'm done.:)

I hope the inspection goes well. I have my electrical rough-in inspection tomorrow morning and framing one Thursday. If all goes well, I'll be doing insulation and sheet rocking this weekend.

Can't wait to see your first official 'new shop' piece.

Bill Wyko
07-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Great shop!! How big is it? Good luck!.... George
Thanks everyone. As far as size goes, the exterior dimentions are 12'x20' and the ceiling is about 10' high. The bottom of the loft is 80 inches off the floor.

Patrick Taylor
07-11-2007, 12:48 PM
I bet with the window open behind the lathe, you could shoot shavings at any intruders approaching the door! :D