PDA

View Full Version : Web Site rough draft

Tom Sweeney
01-17-2004, 6:54 PM
The web site is up and running. Keep in mind that this is a rough draft that was thrown together quickly. We will be refining & adding to it in the coming weeks.

Also please bear in mind that I found the graphic of the red, white & blue pen on the web and do not yet have permission to use it. If I can't secure the permission I will substitute a different pen.

Feel free to chime in with ctitiques, input, suggestions, whatever.

Jason Roehl
01-17-2004, 6:59 PM
Tom...go back a few days in the PT forum...use a pic of the red, white and blue Corian pens that Ken made. I am sure he wouldn't care if you used those pics.

Here...found the thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?threadid=5961

Ken Salisbury
01-17-2004, 7:09 PM
Also please bear in mind that I found the graphic of the red, white & blue pen on the web and do not yet have permission to use it. If I can't secure the permission I will substitute a different pen.
Here is a pic of a red/white/blue Corian pen I made that you can use:

Maybe we can send this one to someone in high position to bribe :D them into being our sponsor/mentor - Any suggestions :D.

Keith Outten
01-17-2004, 8:58 PM
Ken/All

Mike Lenoard has agreed to be our military liaison and will take care of coordination the intial contact and setup of distribution. Mike is stationed at Fort Eustis and has the appropriate connections.

Ken, you might contact Mike and offer him the pen just in case a four star general needs a sample :)

Ken Salisbury
01-17-2004, 9:08 PM
Ken/All

Ken, you might contact Mike and offer him the pen just in case a four star general needs a sample :)I will send him a pen sample Keith - PM me a phone number I wanted to reserve the red/white/blue one for a Really High Roller :) if I can get to one - I am working on it.

I plan on making some more red/white/blue pens to present to any MAJOR contributors of the program as we proceed. However, my Corian source doesn't have anymore solid red in his 'scrap' bin. (red is not a very popular color for countertops :). I am gonna try to find some more somewhere -- Anyone have any ???

by the way any e-mails to me referencing the program can be sent to freedom@oldrebelworkshop.com Mail there will get my attention quicker than in my other mail boxes :)

Todd Burch
01-17-2004, 9:48 PM
One suggestion would be to show on the web site pens made in different woods and materials, so it is not assumed that every pen will be red/white/blue corian, and that most of them will most likely be wood, if that's the case.

Ken Salisbury
01-18-2004, 12:25 AM
One suggestion would be to show on the web site pens made in different woods and materials, so it is not assumed that every pen will be red/white/blue corian, and that most of them will most likely be wood, if that's the case.
Good suggestion. Kevin Gerstenecker posted a pic of some pens he was sending (Slimlines) which represent the style most people will make. I also have many many pics on my pute - Tom, let me know what you need. If I don't have it I will make it.

Mike Leonard
01-18-2004, 8:17 AM
Tom,

I realize the Freedom Pens web site is in the early stages. Good job by the way. I just tried the Pen Samples link and it did not work.

Truely amazing how this concept has exploded in the last 48 hours.

Ken Salisbury
01-18-2004, 8:23 AM
Tom,

I realize the Freedom Pens web site is in the early stages. Good job by the way. I just tried the Pen Samples link and it did not work.

Truely amazing how this concept has exploded in the last 48 hours.

Tom -- maybe as a temporary measure you can use this photo as a pen samples on the web site. These are the first batch of mine to ship to Keith's staging location.

Keith Outten
01-18-2004, 8:31 AM
Tom,

Thanks for getting the new web page up and running so quick. Please contact me so we can arrange to have the page and the domain moved to the SMC server.

Bob Weisner
01-18-2004, 8:55 AM
Hi:

Is there a certain type or color of material that the pens should be made out of? I got some Black Cherry turning blanks. Would Cherry be ok to use?

Thanks,

Bob

Ken Salisbury
01-18-2004, 9:42 AM
Hi:

Is there a certain type or color of material that the pens should be made out of? I got some Black Cherry turning blanks. Would Cherry be ok to use?

Thanks,

Bob

Absolutely Bob !! any wood, corian, acrylics, etc will be fine