PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl pricing guide

Scott Shepherd
10-10-2007, 9:32 AM
In a search for something else, I got hooked into a website for signsrus and clicked on something which brought up a pdf pricing file. It's a very good guide and well worth a look. It's geared towards telling customers how much things cost. It starts with base, one color prices and then shows how much it costs to add 2 colors, 3 colors, logos, etc. The information is for aluminum signs as well as banners. It also has some good verbage on telling customers what types of files they need to provide and what works best.

Worth a look : http://www.signsrus.info/catalog/sections/Aluminum%20Signs.pdf

Joe Pelonio
10-10-2007, 11:16 AM
There's some good information there, but I have always made it my policy not to ever advertise any prices, since there are so many variables that affect the prices.

As an example, 3 colors is not always the same. it could be 3 lines of text, each in a different color, pretty simple. It could also be 3 colors on an intricate logo with close registration which would take a lot more time.

I notice some of their prices are lower, others higher than mine, but of course they are affected by geographic area (economy), competition, and
the prices one pays for their materials.

Scott Shepherd
10-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Joe, I totally agree, I wouldn't ever consider publishing a price list. I don't work like that. To me, every job is different. Bringing me 3 colors when they are all standard colors versus bringing me 3 custom colors that have to be specially printed are very different. Giving me a crappy image to use versus a good one, changes the price.

Places like this, I assume, deal in volume, so they don't mind losing on some jobs and making on the majority of them. However, I don't have that volume luxury.