PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'm thinking outside the "box" here . . .

Jerry Stringer
02-05-2004, 11:05 PM
The doc told me yesterday I had pneumonia and a bacterial infection and made me take off of work and pen-turning for a few days and I'm going NUTS!

Maybe it's the cough syrup combined with the breathing treatments but I just had a unique idea for promoting Freedom Pens . . .

EBAY!!!

I actually saw somebody get several bids awhile back for selling "nothing" (go figure!) so this should be easy!

I would like to put an ad on Ebay in the woodturning section to sell sponsorships for Freedom Pens. Basically I want to say that for $2.50 a person can purchase a sponsorship for a handmade wooden pen to a troop in Iraq. For their $2.50 they can email a personal message for the pen recipient to me and I will include it with the pen when it is shipped. Whatever Ebay charges me for the ad will come out and I'll paypal the remaining to the main fund. As far as the personal messages, I'll include them with some of the pens that I turn (I'm in for at least 100).

With the bulk buy of pen kits coming in at $1.30 and $1.50 each, I think the $2.50 (less ebay cost) should easily sponsor a pen . . . yes? . . . no?

And I'll need a disclaimer that they can't choose the troop because of logistical reasons.

Here's my problem . . . I've done several postings on Ebay but they are only simple ones without all of the bells and whistles on the listing. I think the ad needs to look really flashy and have the information about this forum so that folks can verify that we are legit. I'm not computer savvy enough to create the kind of ad that I am thinking of.

Can someone put together a good ad and email the code to me to post?

Does anybody have any heartache with this idea and my suggestions? I'm open for criticism and/or suggestions.

Thanks . . . I think I'm due for some more cough syrup! :p

Jerry

Jerry Stringer
02-05-2004, 11:10 PM
OOH OOH!!

I just thought of something else . . .

If our Merchandising Department could make up some stickers or something that say "I'm a Freedom Pen Supporter!" that are un-expensive, I would get some and send one to each person that buys a sponsorship!

Wow . . . really good cough syrup!

I tink I may just ned a wittle bit more . . . .

Jerry

Julie Wright
02-08-2004, 8:07 AM
Great Idea, Now if the eBayers will find it. How can you get an ad on the home page of eBay? Then you don't have to wait for folks to stumble on it. Oh, and don't forget my bumper sticker ... ;) LOL