PDA

View Full Version : Looking for box forms

David Walser
02-10-2008, 7:48 PM
A short while ago (the last couple of months?) someone posted pictures of a short, squat, lidded box they had turned. I like the form and thought I'd like to try something similar next time I turned a box. Naturally, I can't find what I'm looking for. I've just spent an hour with the search function and I've come up empty (did you know you can't search for the word "box"?). I saw lots of nice stuff, just not what I'm looking for.

Can you guys offer any helpful suggestions or links? The box I recall had a faintly oriental shape with two beads above the join.

Jim Underwood
02-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Mike Stafford makes some very nice boxes that sounds like you describe. You can see his gallery over on the AAW forums. If you're a member of WOW you can also see his stuff there. I don't know if he frequents SC.

David Walser
02-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Jim,

Thank you for the reference to Mike Stafford's work. I enjoyed browsing through his gallery and some of his boxes are very similar to what I remember, such as this one:
http://www.aawforum.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4146&cat=all&ppuser=1052

None of Mike's boxes are the one I remember, however. What I remember had two beads on the box lid. I could have sworn it was done by someone here on the Creek...

EDDIE GLAZE
02-11-2008, 4:25 AM
Richard Raffan Has A Book Out Called Turning Boxes With Richard Raffan

Ben Gastfriend
02-11-2008, 3:58 PM
Those are some very nice boxes. I'm looking forward to seeing some of yours when they get done.

Yikes! Linking to "over there" or "the dark side"! Tsk!:D