PDA

View Full Version : ULS owners??

Benedict Roussos
05-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi there!
Who has ULS V series lasers? I would like to exchange knowledge and experience with them

Roger McDowell
05-28-2008, 4:15 PM
I have a ULS V460 50W. What would you like to know?

Phil Salvati
05-31-2008, 12:21 PM
I have a V465 as well.

Benedict Roussos
06-02-2008, 9:43 AM
After how much time have you (if so) change x belts, cariage wheels, lense, co2 bottle. I bought mine 4 years ago, and since then I changed before six months x belt and carriage wheels because the vertical lines of a shape were zig-zag. I never changed lens althoug it has many scarts. Few days ago the x motor stack the cariage to the very left side, after engraving a pattern that I have done over 100 times engraving the whole 60x40cm area. I disasembled the x system, I took out the servo motor and reasembled it and was working again. But now on x axis when engraving from 0 to 60cm you can see a slight wave on the shape I engrave. The service told me that the motor might have problem.
Has anyone recharged a bottle? And after how much time? Any other problems??
Thanks

Zvi Grinberg
06-02-2008, 4:17 PM
After how much time have you (if so) change x belts, cariage wheels, lense, co2 bottle. I bought mine 4 years ago, and since then I changed before six months x belt and carriage wheels because the vertical lines of a shape were zig-zag. I never changed lens althoug it has many scarts. Few days ago the x motor stack the cariage to the very left side, after engraving a pattern that I have done over 100 times engraving the whole 60x40cm area. I disasembled the x system, I took out the servo motor and reasembled it and was working again. But now on x axis when engraving from 0 to 60cm you can see a slight wave on the shape I engrave. The service told me that the motor might have problem.
Has anyone recharged a bottle? And after how much time? Any other problems??
Thanks

Belts and bearings are very long life but depend on the material you cut and how you maintain the machine. A clean machine is a happy machine.
I'd say that it should be between 2 to 8 years.

You should be aware that there's no servo. It's steppers. This is why the machine is easy to maintain, parts easy to replace and everything can be done by the user - returning machine to NEW condition

The CO2 tube (bottle?) is acturaly a metal cartridge. It should work 4-8 years and when needed it's replaceble for less than 1,000 dollars.