PDA

View Full Version : Seeking info on Clearstream filters for wet/dry vacs.

Jim O'Dell
06-01-2008, 2:17 PM
I'm thinking about ordering a couple of the Clearstream filters made of the Gortex material. I know several here have purchased them in the past. How do you like them? Have they held up well? For those with the Ridgid shop vacs, did you use any of the Ridgid Hepa filters along the way, and if so, how do they compare? Thanks! Jim.

Greg Hines, MD
06-01-2008, 2:39 PM
I'm thinking about ordering a couple of the Clearstream filters made of the Gortex material. I know several here have purchased them in the past. How do you like them? Have they held up well? For those with the Ridgid shop vacs, did you use any of the Ridgid Hepa filters along the way, and if so, how do they compare? Thanks! Jim.

I have a Cleanstream for my Craftsman Wet-Dry vac. I think that it works great for keeping the dust out of the air. I did have a problem with it after about a year, in that I think I let the canister get too full, and the bottom of the filter cracked. A disc of 1/8" tempered hardboard and some epoxy fixed the problem.

It is definitely easier to keep it clean when I remember to do it. A hard rap on the filter and the dust just falls off.

Doc

Thomas Williams
06-01-2008, 6:34 PM
Well worth it in my opinion. I used my first one for about 5 years before replacement. You can clean them by knocking out the dust, or wash them off under running water. Used the Cleanstream in a Ridgid vac, but I have no experience with the Ridgid HEPA filters.

Jim O'Dell
06-01-2008, 7:38 PM
Thanks for the comments. Sounds like a good filter. I'll order some. Jim.