PDA

View Full Version : emailing proofs

Craig Hogarth
06-01-2008, 9:10 PM
I need to email proofs out tonight and I'm looking for the easiest way to do it. Normally, I just put them in an 8.5x11 box and export as a bmp and email them as separate attachments. This job has a total of 13 pages and I'd like to send it as one file instead of 13 individuals. When I export it and try to print, it either prints the first page only or shrinks the whole thing down to fit on one page, depending upon my print settings.

Is there any way to make this one big image that can be printed as separate pages? or possibly as a PDF with multiple pages? I only have corel x13, no illustrator.....

Darren Null
06-01-2008, 9:23 PM
Corel does multiple pages & I think you can export as a pdf from there. Or you could send it as a .doc with embedded images if you have M$ Office. Or you can download Open Office for free from:
http://www.openoffice.org
...which'll do it for you in .doc format.

Or you can export 13 separate images (with numbered filenames) and just zip them up with WinZip.

EDIT: You must have understanding customers. I'd be extremely annoyed to get sent a .BMP as an email attachment. .JPG will do the same thing at a fraction of the filesize- saving you and the customer time uploading & downloading respectively.

Clint Lauricella
06-02-2008, 6:53 AM
If your ISP allows you to have webspace you can also setup a customer page with all your images in a table as thumbnails. They can be big enough to give them an idea and if you make them clickable you can bring each one up in full size.

After you get approval you just remove the images and you have a shell for future orders.

Curt Harms
06-02-2008, 9:45 AM
There are a couple pdf printer apps out there. Two I have used are pdf995 and cute pdf. Both seem to work well. They're essentially free and install as Windows printers. Any search engine will find 'em. Both will do multiple pages.

Barbara Buhse
06-02-2008, 12:03 PM
don't they have a fax machine?

Joe Pelonio
06-02-2008, 12:11 PM
I usually copy from Corel and paste into a Word document. You have to convert any text to curves first or it will be blank. Most customers have Word
and it's in a form that cannot later be extracted as vector files for use by another shop.

Craig Hogarth
06-02-2008, 12:23 PM
thanks guys. I never thought about doing it in word.

Steve McKee
06-02-2008, 1:48 PM
Craig, just select File, Publish to PDF. This will save a multi page PDF with however many pages you have in the current document. I just tried it with a 6 page document and it saved all 6 pages.

Steve

Craig Hogarth
06-02-2008, 2:21 PM
steve, i tried that, but when I printed, it put it all on one page. I can view it all by scrolling, but printing is a different story.

Steve McKee
06-02-2008, 2:37 PM
Must be something not set properly, I just printed all 6 pages.

Darryl Hazen
06-02-2008, 3:19 PM
Craig,

Check the settings for pdf.

Select Publish to PDF, then select settings in the lower right corner of the window. This will bring up another window. If your file is multiple pages select "current document", click OK. You should end up with the entire file on multiple pages in Adobe Reader.

Hope this helps.

Craig Hogarth
06-02-2008, 9:08 PM
Thanks darryl. I just looked at it, but haven't tested yet. When it says pages, does that mean corel pages as well? Meaning that I have to have a different corel page for each pdf page? that may what i was doing wrong.

Darryl Hazen
06-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Craig,

Yes, Those settings will print a pdf page for each CorelDraw page.:)

Bill Cunningham
06-03-2008, 9:58 PM
If all the customer is going to do is look at it onscreen, save your file, then convert all your pages to low res bitmaps, and publish to .pdf.. That way, your customer can see it, read it, and approve it, without you giving up all your work in a vector file which you would do if you just published your main file.. Just remember that you 'don't' want to save that converted corel file under the same file name, or you have just lost all your work! :eek:

Darren Null
06-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Another method of approaching it is to generate a web gallery, upload it and just email your customer the link.

There's loads of alternate (and free!) software to do this. Here's one:
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/mtpsoft/limon/

...basically, you point the software at a directory with your images in, and it spits out a self-contained web gallery, with thumbnails and index.

Steve knight
06-04-2008, 1:20 AM
or use photobucket make a album for them and upload the pictures. this way you keep higher quality pics and a larger file is not an issue.