PDA

View Full Version : Who's not very busy with their laser?

Lee Schierer
06-04-2008, 8:16 PM
LOML wants to give a gift to our departing Choir leader at church in recognition of her 12 years of service. She wanted me to inlay a walnut treble cleff into a piece of cherry. The cleff would be burned into the cherry instead of inlay and about 8" high and about 2-5/8 wide like the attached photo centered on a rectangular piece of cherry say 10" high and 8- 5/8 wide. I'm looking for someone that could do this quickly at a budget cost (I have no idea what laser time costs). I would need the completed piece in my hands by June 19. I know this is short, but I just got involved and I can't do it with my router inlay bushing.

Any takers or ideas?

If this isn't appropriate for the forum, please email or pm me.

I'm desperate in PA!!!

Mike DeRegnaucourt
06-04-2008, 8:19 PM
Hi Lee,

I wouldn't mind helping you out. Would you be supplying the cherry wood?

Doug Fennell
06-04-2008, 8:35 PM
Here's a vector treble clef that should fit the bill -

It's in Corel ver 12; jpg only for illustration -

Kenneth Hertzog
06-04-2008, 8:53 PM
Lee
If Mike doesn't do it for you I can
I have the cherry wood and can do it for you quickly
ken

Mike DeRegnaucourt
06-04-2008, 9:19 PM
Hi Lee,

If Kenneth already has the cherry wood on hand, that would save you some more time. I do not have the cherry wood in stock right now, that is why I asked about the wood. So if you and Kenneth want to work something, that would be fine too. The engraving itself should not really take much time to complete. I can get the wood in a day or two. Just let me know.
:)

Doug Fennell
06-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Photoshop proof -this the idea?

Ray Mighells
06-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Would something like this do you any good? It's 5.5 x 10 Aromatic Cedar with no finish. The walnut inlay slips right in and stands proud of the surface. You are welcome to it if you like, and I can glue it up or not, as you wish. If you want it, send me your address and I'll get it off to you.