PDA

View Full Version : Newbie *Duh* question about rastering "hairlines".

David Brasfield
06-06-2008, 7:06 AM
This question pertains to Epilog lasers, possibly others as well.

I tried to "proof" a design yesterday by simple turning off combined mode and turning on just raster mode, and set it up for a light power setting.

The normal "vector" lines (hair line) never lasered at all, the carriage never even moved the pointer to the vectored areas.

Someone please remind me of what I have forgotten. I have done this before with no problem, and the hairlines, while light, were definitely visible.

I guess I could run the file in combined mode with equal settings for the raster and vector cuts, but that doesn't seem right.

Sorry to ask a "duh" question. Been a long couple of weeks, with little sleep and a steep learning curve.

In other news, the new blower came in on Wednesday, but I haven't taken it out of the box yet.

On the positive side, it looks like we just got an order for 600+ pieces, and have several other wholesalers talking to us. What is really cool is that we didn't chase them down. Sure surprised me.

On the down side, the ShopBot is down with some electronic problems., but fortunately most of the orders are laserable.

David - Who has been awake for the better part of two days. I think I remember that I said I would never do this again.... yea, that was me - I think.

Kenneth Hertzog
06-06-2008, 7:23 AM
If the vector line is set to hairline ( which it should be )the machine will not raster it
if you make the hairline thicker it will raster but not vector.
if you wish the graphic to do both put a vector line on top of the raster line.
it will then raster and go back to cut if set to do so.

hope that helps

ken

David Brasfield
06-06-2008, 7:55 AM
I believe you Ken, really I do.

Even so, I swear I have had it raster hairline vector lines in raster only mode. Doesn't matter, I will just go back to combined mode and set the power way down on the vector settings.

Maybe not weird for you experienced guys, but I know what I saw.

I have also had Corel do bizarre things, like leaving the text drop down in the center of the screen until I restart the program.

I have a brand new machine just for Corel. Maybe it will help. I am also going to run it on my dual quad core Mac pro.

I appreciate the reply.

David

Tim Baude
06-06-2008, 8:13 AM
David,
I hope this helps...I have done the opposite where I forgot to not combine and part of my logo has a thin line around an eagles head and it cut it our instead of engraving. I believe somewhere ( I can't say wher b/c I am not at my work computer) it asks in the print driver about print in grayscale, text in black etc. Also on this page it has a place that says print vector lines or something to that effect. After you click print, navigate around the tabs and I think you will find it. I also have an epilog, and a newbie, so I may be wrong, but I do think I have printed "hairline" lines. Hope it all works out for you...if not, will have to go to .5 line and hopefully that works. Good Luck
Tim