PDA

View Full Version : Applique Question

Annette Thomas
06-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Ok here goes. We are new to the engraving world and just purchased a 35 watt Epilog Helix. We have been in the garment industry for 8 years so have quite a bit of experience there. We do tons of applique with the Ioline but now wanting to switch to perma-seal applique.

My question is on 3 layer applique, what does everyone use on the settings for the color mapping. I want to make sure I don't cut through the other layers because we probably will only sew the outer last layer for appearance reasons and the other will be heat sealed because of the intricate cuts. If anyone is familiar with Twill USA's designs where they have the perma-seal sports team with the claws through them etc.

Thanks,
Annette

Doug Bergstrom
06-10-2008, 7:54 AM
I am not sure on the Epilog but Universal has a whole DVD on Applique. You might try there website to see if they have it on there.

Peck Sidara
06-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Annette,

Starting points:

This is for a two layer twill applique. 48%S, 35%P, 2500 Frequency to cut thru both layers. Same settings but with 10%P for kiss-cutting the top layer.

Since you're using a total of three layers, use 10%P for the first, maybe 35%P for the 2nd and 50-60%P for the 3rd.

Settings will vary from machine to machine. This is a good starting point to get you in the right direction.