PDA

View Full Version : different origin points?

Helen Cast
06-11-2008, 1:49 PM
I send a file from X3 to the laser and the origin point is correct as well as the vectored piece. I can repeat the job if necessary with the copy function on the laser panel.

The problem is if I resend the identical file from X3 (still open/unchanged) the origin point is no where near the original one. It seems to be starting at a point 50% larger or 50% smaller than the original. The wireframe view of the image shows no sign of extraneous lines, curves or dots.

Strange behavior...any ideas?

Thank you- Cliff

Scott Shepherd
06-11-2008, 2:01 PM
Not sure what laser you have, but my first guess is the page size in corel isn't matching the page size in your print driver.

When they match, it'll put it in the right place, then when you click print again, if the page size doesn't match, it can certainly put it in a different spot. Make sure they match.

Outside of that, I have no ideas.

Helen Cast
06-11-2008, 8:36 PM
Steve/Scott, Thanks for responding to my question. If the page size was mismatched why would the origin point be where I want it to begin for the initial file and yet upon resending the identical file it starts elsewhere on the same work piece?

Can the page layout/ruler function alter itself after a file is sent?

Any suggestions?

stumped in Minnesota...

Scott Shepherd
06-12-2008, 8:42 AM
I'm not sure that's your issue at all, just the only thing that comes to mind, but here's how it works, if I can figure out how to explain it.

If you have a page size set to 8" x 10" and the graphic is smack dab in the middle and you send it to the laser with the page size being 8" x 10" in the driver, then the image will burn at X=4" and Y= (-)5".

Now, take that same file in Corel, same page size and when you print it, the page size is 16" x 20" in the print driver. I'm not exactly sure this is correct, but my educated guess is that the image will be burned at X=8", Y=(-)10.

The two page sizes must always match if you want your layout to match in Corel and on the Laser.

I'm not sure that's technically accurate, but I do know that if the page size in your driver doesn't match, it will put the image in a different place.

It's possible when you send it over the first time, it's correct, and the second time, the page size has gone back to a default page size.

That's my only guess. Without knowing more details, it's a tough one to troubleshoot. What laser do you have, can you post the file, etc. would all be helpful things. If it's a new laser, then I'd call tech support. It's free (well, you paid for it already) and you should take advantage of it.

David Brasfield
06-12-2008, 10:20 AM
If it isn't a software problem, and she isn't somehow resting 'home" position, then there could be an issue with the machine forgetting where "home" is.

Do you manually set "home" position on your jobs (0,0) or do you leave it at machine defaults (upper left corner)?

Does the "head" move back to the upper left corner at the finish and start of every session?

Just asking the basics.

David

Richard Rumancik
06-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Is you using an Accuris?

Is there options in the print driver that cause it to re-zero (home) after the job, or just stop where it finished? Perhaps something has been toggled in the print driver accidently which is preventing it from resetting the home position after the job run.