PDA

View Full Version : How do you fill the laser with ink?

R. A. Mitchell
06-13-2008, 3:18 PM
As hard as I've tried, I just can't find the spout in my laser to fill it with ink. No mention in my manual either. How do you guys do it?

Seriously, all I'd like to know is how to shut off the annoying ink monitor that flashes every time I try to print a job. I get a message that says my printer is out of ink and asks me to click a button to purchase more on line. There are also a few "reminder" options - one of which is to stop reminding me - but when I click the "Don't remind me" option, it still comes up the next time I print to the laser. It might be a Gateway thing, or an XP thing, or some other crapware - I don't know - but I can't figure out how to shut it off. Anyone else run into this issue?

Rob

James Stokes
06-13-2008, 4:51 PM
It sounds like a virus or spyware. Run adaware or something like that to check.

Steven Hardy
06-13-2008, 4:56 PM
It changes from printer to printer and you have not specified which printer. Usually is mentioned in the owners manual tho.

Joe Pelonio
06-13-2008, 5:02 PM
It sounds like he's saying that when he send the job to the Epilog it asks for
ink to be replaced, it should not be going to the paper printer's driver.

It sounds like he needs to have the default printer set to the Epilog, then select the paper printer when needed.

R. A. Mitchell
06-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Joe,

Actually, I did set the default to the Epilog, and notwithstanding the message is still coming up. The info box calls it a "Gateway Ink Monitor," so I'm thinking this is something "helpful" that Gateway built into the computer's software, but something about the Epilog's print driver is triggering it. Sounds to me like this isn't something you guys have run into before.

Bummer. I hoped it would be something easy.

Rob

Robert Ray
06-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Sounds weird alright, I would delete all printers, and re-install them one at a time, and send a print file to each right after installing each.

I just spent the week going through printer grief trying to install a 3 port print server to network 2 laser engravers and 1 laser printer on 1 print server. I seen voodoo so I know it is possible.

My best luck came from powering down everything, deleting all ports that could be deleted, then all the printers, then add printer 1 at a time, making sure that each was using the correct port, and sending a verification print file to each before moving on to the next printer.

I have a total of 3 laser engravers, 2 color laser printers, and an Alps decal printer all installed on one computer, and as of last night, am printing fine. I feel your pain!

-Robert Ray

mike holden
06-14-2008, 12:07 PM
A lot of printer drivers look for sufficient ink before printing. Yes, I know you are NOT printing to the printer. However, open up your printer driver through control panel/printers and right click on each and look for "options" or "tools" click on that and there should be an option to not have you notified if the ink is low. That should solve the issue of the warning coming up. You should also delete any printer drivers you no longer use. i.e. if you had an epson and bought an hp - delete the epson drivers.
Mike

Skip Weiser
06-14-2008, 6:37 PM
I looked on the Gateway support site and there was a question from somebody with a notebook who kept getting the low ink warning. The answer was to go to Add/Remove Programs and remove the Gateway Low Ink Monitor. That might be the answer to your problem also.

Skip

Kelly Bingham
06-16-2008, 1:25 AM
Dont know if this is a normal thing, but when I try to add a regular printer to the computer that has the Epilog on it, I end up with all kinds of errors. Neither ends up running correctly. So, we have the Epilog on its own computer - it likes being the center of attention....:confused:

R. A. Mitchell
06-16-2008, 9:26 AM
Skip,

Perfecto! Removed the offending program, and no more annoying messages.

Thanks for looking this up on the Gateway site. I should have done that myself. I'm getting too dependent on Google to do my searching for me.

Rob

Skip Weiser
06-16-2008, 2:29 PM
Skip,

Perfecto! Removed the offending program, and no more annoying messages.

Thanks for looking this up on the Gateway site. I should have done that myself. I'm getting too dependent on Google to do my searching for me.

Rob

I just love it when a plan comes together !

Most welcome !

Skip