PDA

View Full Version : Magic button

Jeff Chumbley
06-16-2008, 5:39 PM
I have Corel X3. I have a file made up of 126 .75 x 2.5 labels with text. Is there a "magic" button or an easier way to duplicate all those labels and text and resize to .5 x 1"
Thanks.
Jeff

Eric Allen
06-16-2008, 6:54 PM
Yeah, you can just make one label. If all the objects in the label are grouped, you can just click on that group and the dimensions will be up in the left area of the tool bars, you can just select the size you want up there. If all the text and such is the same with no changes, I think it's "imposition layout" that lets you duplicate them for printing. If there are differences to the labels then it's slightly more complicated. If you want to post the file or pm me with it I'll run it through quick when I get home just to make sure I'm giving you the right info for what you are trying to accomplish:)

Howard Garner
06-16-2008, 9:42 PM
Check the following link for how to do a merge onto an imposition layout in Corel
http://www.engravingconcepts.com/flash_coreldraw.htm

Howard Garner

Tom Delaney
06-16-2008, 9:43 PM
If you make the first one in the upper left corner, resize as suggested previously and then select the entire group. Align / distribute / position will bring up a tic tack toe type field in the bottom of the fly out. click in the bottom / middle - apply to duplicate and click apply. It will create an exact duplicate directly below the original. Click at the 3 o'clock segment and it moves directly to the right. Keep clicking until the field is full. Easiest way I've found. You can also use the word merge to change the verbage if necessary. Sometimes I have to fluff around to get it right - I'm still relativey new at this and plugging is the only way I know...:o