PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Exhaust

Tim Baude
06-20-2008, 9:15 AM
Hi all,
I recently did some signs using rowmark textures, and for the first time, I can see a layer of "material dust" in the openings in the back of the machine where it exhausts. What is the best way to clean this mess? I wiped where it was caked inside, but getting through the openings, and where I can't see is a bit tougher. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Tim

Scott Shepherd
06-20-2008, 9:38 AM
I found that a Swiffer Duster works like a champ in those type areas.

Joe Pelonio
06-20-2008, 10:07 AM
I use a blow gun on an air compressor with the fan on, and blow it out the exhaust. Remember too, to clean the duct at least once a year.

Rob Bosworth
06-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Tim, I have found connecting your shop vac to the rear port of the machine, then using a 1" or 2" wide piece of flexible metal works well. With the vac on, just run the metal in and out, up and down to knock off most of the junk that collects in the exhaust manifold. After attacking if from the inside of the machine, remove the vac and do it from the back side of the machine. Then vac out the rest of the stuff that should be laying down at the bottom of the exhaust tube.

Bill Cunningham
06-22-2008, 10:05 PM
I do what Rob does, only I just leave the blower on.. I have a 12" steel ruler that works perfect. It's thin enough to flex and slip into the slots. and stiff enough to scrape down the buildup..