PDA

View Full Version : Help! A rush order and ...

Leigh Costello
06-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Hi everyone. I have a customer who needs a large foam stamp. No worries with design etc. But every time I send the job to the laser, I end up with a section about .5 in. from the bottom and about .5 in tall that doesn't engrave well. I have tried moving the design around with same results. I have broken design apart and re-grouped. Same results. What do I try next? The results are the same if I engrave bottom up or from the top. The substrate is .25 in. thick FunFoam. I used the Stamp feature on my epilog, with 0 shoulder and 0 widening. Anyone have an idea for me? Thanks in advance. Leigh

Scott Shepherd
06-23-2008, 7:55 AM
Just a quick fix idea- can you draw something else around it so that it engraves that area as well, hopefully leaving your area in good shape? For instance, It the graphic is 6" x 8", can you make it 7" x 9" and just let it burn that extra area. Even if you have to cut a piece of plastic or thin material like a picture frame and lay it over the graphic so that extra burn area doesn't hit your work?

Wow, that's confusing to read. Okay, 2 situations above, one is if you can easily create "extra" space around the graphic and not have to worry about it, and the other idea was if you couldn't burn that extra area (the picture frame idea).

Don't know why it's happening, but that's my best guess for a quick fix.

Mike Null
06-23-2008, 8:29 AM
Leigh

How about turning off the stamp feature and just inverting the drawing and engraving on your regular settings for the material.

Leigh Costello
06-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Thanks Scott and Mike. Turns out I was the problem. I left a margin for error and I found it with no trouble at all! In the future I will pay much more attention to the details.

Anyway, I used Mike's advice and inverted and did not use the stamp feature. Worked great, stamps are in the mail. Thank you, thank you, thank you....