PDA

View Full Version : Thermark/Cermark distributor in Southern Africa

Carrol Fleming
06-23-2008, 3:55 AM
Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can get Thermark and/or Cermark products in Southern Africa? I am in Zambia and as a result any products from the US already have a huge delivery cost added on before I even look at shipping hazardous material. I have some tape but it does not work well on cylindrical items. I have contacts in South Africa and could probably get supplies brought up to Zambia by road.

Carrol

Frank Corker
06-23-2008, 4:34 AM
I think if you send a pm directly to Rodney Gold, he's in South Africa and he has his finger on the pulse as to what and where they can be obtained.

Justin Harrington
06-23-2008, 4:45 AM
Contact AMS on +27 11 794 7808 almost certain that they'll be able to sort you out. Ask for Michelle or Erika.

Carrol Fleming
06-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks Justin, I don't suppose you have an email address for them to save me making an international phone call?

Carrol

Rodne Gold
06-23-2008, 11:15 AM
There is also Genotek , took over lasers from Maizeys , they supply , Melco(gravograph) and Rubber stamp and engraving do too
There is another product out here , much cheaper than thermark or cerdec that some folk use , dunno the suppliers name

Steve Rozwood
06-23-2008, 2:46 PM
Hello Carrol,

I work at the Ferro Corporation as a Technical Service Representative for the CerMark/ Thermark marking materials and I believe I can help you out here. We have two distributors that I know of currently in South Africa.

Ferro Enamels Pty.
Brakpan
www.ferro.com (http://www.ferro.com/)

Muizey Plastics
Pretoria West
www.muizey.co.za (http://www.muizey.co.za/)

I believe if you call either of them they can help you out with what product line they carry. If you have any questions about using these materials one of our Technical Service Representatives will gladly help you out. The phone number here is (800) 245-4951 and you can use the extension 5990 or 5620. You can also e-mail me at rozwoods@ferro.com (rozwoods@ferro.com) and I will gladly answer any questions that you may have. Hope this helps!

Steve Rozwood

Carrol Fleming
06-24-2008, 2:37 AM
Thanks everyone for your help - I will start making plans to get stuff sent to Zambia.

I am having one of those days today - too much to do and not enough hours! :eek:

Carrol

Rodne Gold
06-24-2008, 4:16 AM
It's Maizey.co.za not Muizey.co.za , thats where we get ours from , give me a call at 027 021 5924123 or mail me for any other info on your machines or where to get materials and supplies from in southern africa.

Carrol Fleming
06-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks Rodney, have been to the websites. Going away tomorrow for a week but will be back in business soon ready to set up supply routes to the interior.
Carrol