PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship recognition display

Carrol Fleming
07-07-2008, 7:43 AM
Hi all
Our local sports club has recently undergone a major overhaul and the committee would like to do something to recognize all the sponsors and contributors. Bricks have been suggested and turned down - done before by another rival sports club, as have plaques - too much like a crematorium memorial wall!

The "design coordinator" has suggested a collage type effect with engraved pods which could be quite effective but she is worried about longevity of the display even though it would be framed. Has anyone done anything similar? Are there other ideas.

Thanks
Carrol

Rodne Gold
07-07-2008, 11:23 AM
There are lots of ways to do this.
In the first place , STAY AWAY from gold laser plastics and cerdecing anything that oxidises.
Perspex is VERY durable and easily laserable , formica is too and it comes in a zillion finishes.
A lot of how you design is to do with existing decor .....so to give you design advice now is difficult.
But for example , a tree made out of pex and formica and lasering leaves for donors and filling em in gold etc , would be easily achivable
A central bouilder with the message and a series of rocks with the donors also works.
Tell us about the decor , the colours , the size and where its gonna go , as well as a budget.
Whats the lighting like where it goes - cold flourescent , warm incandescent = sunlight etc.
I'll then post some designs with material recommendations and all being laserable and long lasting outside etc.

Craig Hogarth
07-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Not sure if this is the them you're going for, but gbow.com has half balls for various sports. These could be engraved with the sponsor name and mounted on the wall much like the typical donor board, but much cooler.

Carrol Fleming
07-08-2008, 4:19 AM
To be honest Rodney, I have not seen the club recently but will get around there soon. I know the lady advising on design quite well and would think that the atmosphere will be "Colonial Club Lounge" for the entrance and "African Pub" (but not too ethnic) for the bar - I think that is where she has come up with the idea of a framed display of Afzelia pods, some showing the seeds and some with the sponsors name engraved on the backs of the pods. As I mentioned before, she is worried about the longevity of such an idea - all we need is wood borer in the pods and our hard work crumbles to dust. The display will be in the bar so we are looking at subdued lighting, and dark colours. I will contact the designer and ask for more details.
Many thanks
Carrol

Carrol Fleming
07-08-2008, 4:31 AM
Craig, thanks for your suggestion, I have passed it on to the designer. If she goes for the idea we would have to find a supplier of balls of sports played at the club - cricket, tennis, squash and indoor hockey - and of course, darts.

If I keep throwing ideas at them, one will hopefully attract and I will get the job rather than someone else.