PDA

View Full Version : Rope Border

sal shepherd
07-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Hi All, I have created a design with a rope border. How do I cut only the outside of the rope?????????

Roy Nicholson
07-09-2008, 3:17 AM
Just ba quick suggestion

This should fit the outside of yours...vector cut this

I put a circle in the middle made it white with white outline and then converted to .bmp

It may vector for you

Regards

Roy N.

Scott Shepherd
07-09-2008, 8:59 AM
Just to expand a little-

Put the text in the middle on a different layer and turn it off. With nothing left but all the "rope", highlight it all (using the select tool, draw a box around the entire set of objects).

Once it's all highlighted, click on "Effects" at the top, and then "Create Boundary" and it will make the new object, but it'll be sitting directly on top of the other object, so it might not be visible, but if you look at the object manager, it should be there.

Boundary is a really powerful tool. If you're not using it, you're doing some things the hard way! :)

I've attached the file back with the boundary included.

Craig Hogarth
07-09-2008, 12:35 PM
If you want some separation between the vector and rope border, do an outside contour and delete the inside circle.

Cary Fleming
07-09-2008, 5:02 PM
Not that it answers your question, but I think you have a typo in your design. It says PEST AN TERMITE and I think it should be PEST AND TERMITE.

sal shepherd
07-09-2008, 5:26 PM
good catch, I took it right out the phone book.Now they want TERMITE AND PEST CONTROL

Roy Nicholson
07-10-2008, 6:28 AM
Scott

Thanks for that tip.

My tutorials didn't cover that...

I'm delighted you pointed it out.

Regards

Roy N.

Scott Shepherd
07-10-2008, 8:55 AM
You are quite welcome Roy, it was Frank Corker who taught me about it, so I'm just passing along someone else's knowledge.

Glad it helped you. Boundary and Smart Fill are my 2 favorite tools in Corel at this time.

sal shepherd
07-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi Scott , your file came up bad can you try again again many thanks

sal shepherd

Scott Shepherd
07-12-2008, 7:57 AM
What version of Corel do you have? I'm not sure when Boundary was added, but here it is in V11.

sal shepherd
07-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Thank You Scott, I guess I will have to find some info on layers and boundries.I will be running table full of disc, than I have to find out how to cut after raster.

Sal Shepherd Corel x-3