PDA

View Full Version : Transfer tape suggestions?

John Noell
07-09-2008, 7:01 PM
(This was buried in another thread but I thought maybe I could bump it up a bit. Hope this is okay.) Can someone please give me a specific direction on 12" wide transfer tape to use for masking soome wood to be color-filled? When I searched the web I found way too many types; as a newbie I just don't know which of the hundreds I found makes the most sense for this purpose. (I like the 3M blue tape but it is not wide enough and is a bit expensive.) I'd greatly appreciate very specific suggesions.

Scott Shepherd
07-09-2008, 7:46 PM
You can go to any sign supply place and get it. I've used www.fellers.com myself (and a few others). The brand I use is Transfer Rite, and for your application, it would probably be a High Tack. So High Tack Transfer Rite (or any other brand) would be what you're looking for.

Look in the yellow pages for a sign supply company in your area or you can order it from any online sign supply company (Fellers, Advantage, Signwarehouse, Grimco, etc.)

Daryl Barberousse
07-09-2008, 8:06 PM
John,

I have been using this company for a few years. They have never done me wrong. Good luck.

http://www.denversignsupply.com/

Scott Shepherd
07-09-2008, 8:17 PM
Opps! Sorry, I forgot he was in Fiji. Best let me pick up a roll and bring it down :D

John Noell
07-09-2008, 8:42 PM
Opps! Sorry, I forgot he was in Fiji. Best let me pick up a roll and bring it down :D
You're on!! C'mon down and give me a few pointers and I'll provide the room and board. ;)