PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Colt Problem

Larry Dublin
10-31-2008, 11:47 PM
I have just started using my Bosch Colt trim router and cannot maintain depth of cut. The body just moves down as I start to cut. Any solution for this?

Jamie Buxton
11-01-2008, 1:01 AM
On that router, there's a position where the body slides up and down in the base. You can flip the clip and think the body is secured. Not true. Before you flip the clip, you must rotate the body in the base a couple of degrees. That engages the height-adjustment screw. It also prevents the base from sliding up and down in the base. If this isn't a clear explanation, read the manufacturer's instructions.

Mike Heidrick
11-01-2008, 1:05 AM
Turn the colt body in the base to lock it once you get to the depth you need then flip the latch.

Dewey Torres
11-01-2008, 1:11 AM
Larry,
Go get your router and look on the side and you will see the engraved markings. One is a pad lock (unlocked) and the other is a padlock (locked). You have to rotate the base to the locked one. The other is for the thumb screw height.

glenn bradley
11-01-2008, 2:30 AM
Not trying to be contrary; I just adjusted the nut on the lever-lock so it would "cam" tighter whether it is in the "lock" position or not.

Dewey Torres
11-01-2008, 2:56 AM
Not trying to be contrary; I just adjusted the nut on the lever-lock so it would "cam" tighter whether it is in the "lock" position or not.

Glenn,
Good point although I have never had that problem with mine. Mostly I forget how to match up the base to get the thing on...arggh I hate that.

Off topic:
I have always wondered, why the SCUBA avatar?

Larry Dublin
11-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks to all. Guess it pays to read the instructions every now and then.

glenn bradley
11-01-2008, 1:17 PM
Off topic:
I have always wondered, why the SCUBA avatar?

Some folks like to sail on top of it. Some folks like to fish out of it. I like to be down in it. Its not for everybody but, I really enjoy scuba ;-)