Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The great Sears drill press debacle

Quote Originally Posted by Luther Oswalt View Post
    Is it true that Lowes Kobalt Tools are made by Snap On?
    Leo
    I was told that is true BUT.....Is not made to the same standards as the Snap-on line.
    Have no idea how true that is.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Teadtke View Post
    No more, S & K look awfully good to me now.

Terry
    Not sure if it holds true today but SK made or makes Craftsman hand tools.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Karow View Post
    If that's all you learned, you both apparently did a poor job of selecting schools or you weren't paying attention. How thoughtful of you to post your opinion as though it's representative for everyone.
    Top school, 3.8 GPA. Yes, it was thoughtful; you're welcome.

Not to add to your pain, Ralph, but I really LOVE my Craftsman 17" DP for only $179, not in small part due to the fact that it was supposed to be on sale for $479! It pains me to no end that they caught their mistake in time to prevent you and others from also ripping them a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Thompson View Post
    Not to add to your pain, Ralph, but I really LOVE my Craftsman 17" DP for only $179, not in small part due to the fact that it was supposed to be on sale for $479! It pains me to no end that they caught their mistake in time to prevent you and others from also ripping them a good one.
    It's not that, or the quality of there tools. When the sale happened I went to my local Sears store; they had the sale price posted on the floor model drill press. I talked to 3 different people to make sure that was actually the price. I was assured it was. They didn't have any problems taking my money. Only problem was they only had the floor model and it had been messed with had some stuff missing. Should have just gone ahead and taken it. But I was assured by a manager that I would get one as I had paid in full and the order was placed. A week or so later I get a check in the mail from Sears with no explination as to why. I had to call and talk to a manager to find out they had cancled the order, and they would not stand behind there word. Now they are trying to sell me an extended warranty for a item they refused to hold up there end of the agrement on and deliver to me.
    Last edited by Ralph Wiggum; 01-03-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luther Oswalt View Post
    Is it true that Lowes Kobalt Tools are made by Snap On?
    Leo
    I think I read that they were at some point made by some entity related to Snap-On. I believe manufacturing has now moved to China of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Goodman View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but isn't a almost a rule that the larger these companies get, and the more junk from China they sell, the worse the products and the customer service get. I think we can all thank the brilliant MBAs that run them. Notice how the guy who was running Home Depot has helped run one of the big 3 car companies into the ground.

Joel _ Let's be fair now, Nardelli didn't cause any of Chrysler's problems, and he's not even making salary. Not that he needs to after his exit goody bag from the Depot. He's compensated (mabey) the way I think these guys should - based on performance. If he turns them around he'll get a humongous payday. If not, he'll get a $1 a year and all the coffee he can drink. Chrysler has been going downhill ever since they divested themselves of Gulfstream years ago. Bet they'd like to have Gulfstream's 5 year waiting list and the deposits to go with them right about now.