Thread: New year

New year

Well as they say bad things come in threes. We've had three fellow creekers injured recently, I just -on this new years eve- want to wish everyone a happy and SAFE new year. This message board, unlike many of the others I've been on, is a true community. We appreciate and care about other members. So keep turning, I look forward to seeing more pics of work and less of injuries ! I'm off so see you all next year ! (man I'm so cliche')

Keith
    Last edited by Keith Christopher; 12-31-2008 at 8:36 AM.
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say. -R. W. Emerson

Happy New Year to everyone and let's all have a safer 2009!

Yes, happy and a safe New Year to everyone. And may our turning and woodworking days be numerous and prosperous.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Trout; 12-31-2008 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling correction

One day at a time!

Keith, Thanks for starting this post, I am also a member of a CNC forum and it seems some are a little to highbrow to me! You are right when you say SMC is a community and family, we all want the same things and try and help when we can! There are days when I wish I could hop on a plane and go help a fellow creeker in a bind! But the lottery must not be reading the same script as me!

Have a safe and wonderful new year!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

^5 and /)'s up to everyone for a happy, safe and healthy new year to everyone.

Roy
    Walk fast and look worried.

I don't have much to show on this forum because so far I make mainly pens, But, I always come here every day to see what all you are doing and saying. It is a great place. I really enjoy looking at all the work, And, appreciate all the help.

I Hope for a Happy New Year for all of you.

I will have to agree that this place is family, community and a place where no matter how new or experienced you are help is there. I enjoy the people, help they give and helping when I can. I also enjoy all the great pictures of projects no matter if it is a first or 300th.

I wish everyone a Healthy, Safe, and Happy New Year.

Oh and by the way I started the countdown to fun time (retirement). 365 days and counting.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Happy New Year!

to everyone on the Creek!

To me, the neat thing about the Creek is that in the process of sharing information and helping our fellow members, friendships are formed. I would love nothing better than to get together and spend some time in the shop turning, talking and getting to know each of you better.

My wish for everyone this year is to always show your loved ones you care, be safe, create positive memories with all those you come in contact with and make as many friends as you possibly can! The Creek has a unique feature called a ‘Friends’ list. It is a great way of reaching out and extending the hand of friendship to others! You will be amazed at how just a simple gesture can show support, friendship and goodwill towards others!

I look forward to the New Year and the potential it holds for each of us!

Happy New Year!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!