Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Study just about, well... done.

Todd,

As usual, your work is absolutely AWESOME. Any idea how many bf and sheets of plywood went into this fantastic project?
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

Drool is right! Nearly shorted out the keyboard looking at those pics! That is absolutely beautiful!!! How did you get such a nice finish on the cherry?

Breathtaking

Cherry is one of my wifes favorite woods. So I showed it to her and she said breathtaking. That is the word I would use. Boy that would look good in my bed room.

Todd, this is one of those jaw-dropping kind of projects. You attention to detail, from construction to finish is to be commended. If memory serves me correct, your wife helped you do some of the finishing as well, right? Maybe that was the bathroom vanity. Regardless, cudo's to her as well!

You posted a number of pictures, and yet I'm sure they only begin to tell the story. Way to go!!!

Jason

Kent, no, I did not keep track. I have all my receipts though, so I could figure it out if I had to. All the wall paneling is 1/4" cherry ply. the framing was built-up with 1/2" and 3/4" MDF. The 3/4" cherry ply is the cabinet boxes, the bookcases, the double thickness countertops and the arched top rail on the bookcase face frames. The solid wood is all the mouldings, the beams, the drawer boxes, drawer fronts, and most of the face framing. About $10K in materials - most of it in the mouldings.

Ted, see my post up above on the 8-step finishing process.

Jason, without my wife, I could not have completed this job. She is such a trooper. She has helped on several projects - this study, the bathroom vanity, and others. I'm blessed!

Todd

WOW!

The detail, the color, the finish, the quality - everything is just stunning!
    You did yourself proud!

I have really enjoyed watching as you progressed through this great work. Thanks for all of the pictures along the way!

Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Todd,

You've definitely found your calling. Beautiful work - again!

- Ed

Hi Todd

I'm late as usual but that is a job to be proud of. I am going to be building a wine rack / book case combination out of cherry in about two months. Glad to know how you did this one. Great Job! Doug Keener
    Doug Keener

Superb work Todd! I sure hope the client knows what they have and appreciates the craftsmanship. I am also curious about the finish...looks a foot deep!